Complaint Review: Equitable Acceptance Corp/Simplicity Gourmet International

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Howard — Sharpsburg Maryland United States of America
Equitable Acceptance Corp/Simplicity Gourmet International
750 Jim Parker Drive Smyrna, Tennessee United States of America

Equitable Acceptance Corp/Simplicity Gourmet International Promised Free Honeymoon Vacation with purchase of pots, pans, silverware. Products are junk and will not replace or refund. Also not qualified now for vacation because my wife and I will not be 21 y Smyrna, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Good Business with an A+ Rating at the BBB

The maid of honor in our wedding filled out a card for my wife to win a free honeymoon vacation we she purchased her wedding gown. We received a call that we won. Scheduled an appointment and met with a representative. We ended up purchasing pots and pans, silverware, etc. from SimplictyGourmettotaling over $3,000.00 financed through Equitable Exceptance. The pots and pans are junk and the silverware is tarnishing. Simplicity Gourmet will not replace, according to their warranty, nor will they let me return the products I purchased and refund my money. Also, once we purchased the products, come to find out, we are no longereligible for the free vacation/honeymoon because my wife nor I will be 21 years of age within the next 2 years. This is a scam and I want the loan with Equitable Exceptance dropped and my payments that I have already made refunded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equitable-Acceptance-CorpSimplicity-Gourmet-International/Smyrna-Tennessee-37167/Equitable-Acceptance-CorpSimplicity-Gourmet-International-Promised-Free-Honeymoon-Vacati-676442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equitable Acceptance Corp/Simplicity Gourmet International

Good Business with an A+ Rating at the BBB

AUTHOR: waterless customer - (United States of America)

Dear Anonymous,
I am an employee of Simplicity Gourmet and work in the customer service department.  What you have claimed here does not make sense at all and is completely opposite of the customer service I do every day.  ALL of our customers purchase our cookware at least in part because of our lifetime warranty.  Our warranty is clearly written on your brochure, warranty forms, and our website.  We warrant your cookware to be free of all defects, etc.
If there is a real issue with your cookware or flatware and if you are a real customer, I encourage you to contact customer service at 1-866-897-7676.  We will repair or replace any item(s) that are tarnished etc.  In some cases a customer burns food in their pans (no cookware is burn proof) and we can help you clean the tarnish out over the phone in minutes.  In most cases it is a very quick and simple process.
I respectfully ask that you provide proof here that you are a customer by leaving your name and city you lived in when you purchased.
As far as the vacation goes, we have  options for those who are not 21.  I am sorry that you did not receive that option and the sales rep didn't realize you needed an alternative option.  If you had called customer service they would have rectified that for you quickly as well.
If this is a real issue and you are a real customer, I ask that you contact us so we can help you.  We strive hard to make sure everyone is happy.  We are proud of our A+ BBB rating we maintain by taking care of our customers and honoring our warranty.
We look forward to hearing from you.