Complaint Review: Equity Lifestyle Properties

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: Amazon — Ocala Florida
Equity Lifestyle Properties
10620 SW 27th Ave. Ocala, Florida USA

Equity Lifestyle Properties Unscrupulous, Unlawful, Ripoff Artists Chicago Nationwide

Equity Lifestyle Properties is the most unscrupulous company I have ever dealt with. Please, if you are planning to retire, stay away from any community, campsite, or any other home owned or operated by ELS! They are liers, cheaters, and care absolutely nothing about you or your well being. All they want is your money!

I moved to Florida 7 years ago and bought a doublewide in a MHC owned by ELS. In those 7 years, my lot rent was raised every year, with no improvements made to the park whatsoever! I have photos showing how deplorable the conditions are in this park, and still nothing gets done.

Recently, this company threatened the community to sign an "agreement" stating that they (ELS) has the right of first refusal if you wanted to sell your home. In this "agreement" the company wanted to take away your 7th Amendment (right to a jury trial) and stated that the agreement would absolve anything and everything that ELS has done in the past, and may do in thye future.

ELS has gone so far as to go against the written prospectus, making it totally worthless, and leaving their tenants with no recourse. When asked, "Why don't you get a lawyer?", the answer is always..."Well they (ELS) have more money and many lawyers, so why fight it?"

I finally got sick (literally) of it. I do have collaberating medical evidence that ELS practices were making me sick, and sold my mobile. I now have a mortgage (insurance and taxes included) that is lower than the lot rent I was paying to Equity Lifestyle!

I do not know how to procede from here, but if there is anyone out there willing to help me out and spank ELS let me know. I have a stack of evidence against them! They are bullies preying on the elderly and it must stop!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equity-Lifestyle-Properties/Ocala-Florida-34476/Equity-Lifestyle-Properties-Unscrupulous-Unlawful-Ripoff-Artists-Chicago-Nationwide-1051507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equity Lifestyle Properties