Complaint Review: Erie Island Resort and Marina

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: MDB — West Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Erie Island Resort and Marina
4495 W Darr Hopfinger Rd Port Clinton, Ohio United States of America

Erie Island Resort and Marina Erie Island Resort oversold vacation packages and will not honor these passes or refund money. Port Clinton, Ohio

I purchased a JB Dollar Stretcher deal for Erie Island Resort. When the deal was purchased, it said that the voucher was good until May 30. Erie Island oversold the vouchers and is giving customers the short end of the stick. The voucher did not give any restrictions on how soon reservations needed to be made. When I called to reserve my room in April, I was told it was my fault that I waited too late to reserve and they were all booked up.

They told me I could spend $100 more for the same rate, or wait until after September to use my voucher. The resort has 12 phone lines for customer service, and only 1 person answering the phone. The receptionist admitted that she gets 80-100 voicemails EVERY DAY! The customer service is horrible, and I never even made it out there. The manager, Ken, was rude, loud and irate. He blamed ME for not being able to use my voucher because I waited too late to reserve. JB Dollar Stretcher is also taking no accountability. Both of these companies are a total rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Erie-Island-Resort-and-Marina/Port-Clinton-Ohio-43452/Erie-Island-Resort-and-Marina-Erie-Island-Resort-oversold-vacation-packages-and-will-not-876006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Erie Island Resort and Marina