Complaint Review: Eromancehelp.com

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: KarmicMessenger — Long Beach California
Eromancehelp.com
P.O. Box 2527 Bangor, Maine USA

Alex Hammer of Media 2.0, Eromancehelp.com, FemaleHealthInfoHelp.com and More Beware of this Unscrupulous Con Artist Who Rips Off Editors and Writers of their Content and Time! Bangor Maine

*General Comment: He is 100% a rude, threatening scammer

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree with everything in this ripoff report

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ifeanyi.Oshun

Editors, Writers & all Literary professionals BEWARE of Alex Hammer of Media 2.0

This unscrupulous, delusional CON MAN has an apparent LONG history of advertising on Craig's List, Freelance Gigs etc. that he's looking for "serious writers/bloggers to pay them 50K-60K" and for Editors to make "70K-80K."

When he gets you on the phone, he comes off somewhat charming, professional and supportive--but it's all part of his sick scam to make you trust him.

You see, this is his usual pattern so far—I’ve outlined it in detail for your convenience because, through my experience and researching the experience of others, here's the script he goes by:

1. [continued below]....

..... He picks an editor out of all the applications he's received from his ad--he picks an applicant with a very likable personality and solid credentials, because he NEEDS them to recruit the writers, assistant editors etc. for the site.

2. He contacts you and says he wants to interview you for the position of editor for Eromancehelp.com.  If you're intelligent, hard working and charming, you're in and off to work.

3.  He tells you he "just bought 12 new sites" and that his company is looking to revamp them, hence that's why he's looking for a new editor and writers. If you see other reports, you'll notice this ghetto site has looked this way for a looooong time.  He didn't buy it recently AND he doesn't tell the editors that there was an editor before, he makes it sound like you're the new person for the new site so you’ll be willing to create everything from scratch. Red Flag #1.

4.  He tells you that each writer will make 15K/per year/per site after they pass a 10 day trial of 2-3 posts EVERY day of the 10 days= 20-30 FREE posts before you even see a dime: Red Flag #2...didn't his ad just say they would get 50K-60K?  You’re not crazy, it sure did! Alex excuse: "Oh, that's if they pass the trial first and after some time, we promote them to our other sites." (supposedly they have 42). Riiiight.

4. Lazy Alex sits back and gives you all the applicants’ resumes to go through, meanwhile in addition to building a system because he, of course has none in place... (there's no team, no structure, nothing--YOU will create this on your own and you do it, because it’s a “new site and you’re the new editor” or so you were told)

IN ADDITION TO recruiting/interviewing your new writers, training them on the style you want, setting up the Google Ad Sense and Analytics, etc.

He gives you and your writers a w9, so he can't hold you to a 9-5, BUT as time goes on, he tries to work you well beyond 8-16 hours with his incessant calls, emails and ridiculously timed demands. Hmmmmm. Red flags #3-#4.

5. He will NEVER talk of or offer a written contract, applications, nothing...he tries to distract you with long conversations of a personal matter to build a rapport with you, make you think he cares about you as a person and an employee.

Even when you bring the discussion back to payment, contracts, etc. he starts stuttering and getting all nervous and evasive. Red flag #5.

If you ask Alex about any complaints you’ll find about his company, he will lie, saying “we got good lawyers…the editor miscommunicated to the writers about their payment because she was stressed about getting her numbers up and just told the writers what they want to hear, so they got mad and I had to fire her.” ALL LIES and part of his set up. Red flag # 6 and please SEE point #9

6. Editors, whether he tells you or not, YOU have a trial too!  Apparently, it’s get 5 writers to finish their trial in 10 days or less so that “we can all get paid,” says Alex.  In my case, he never mentioned this…I found out after from another writer and editor who got burned.  Red flag #7.

7.  If you’re a fast and efficient editor, he will offer you the position of editor for Femalehealthinfohelp.com (what a stupid site name, anyway…) Why not?  If he can make double the $$ from ripping everyone all off in half the time, WHY not?  He’s a con artist for a reason. Red flag #8

8. After offering you this new position, you should be mid way through your trial and close to mid way in everyone’s “trial,” Alex will start complaining that you and the writers aren’t working fast enough…he will hammer you (pardon the pun) to hurry up with the Google Ad Sense etc. (of course! He wants to hurry up, get his $$, free content and leave!) Red flag #9

I purposely dragged my feet on the Google Ad Sense because I was doing my own investigation on him based on his erratic behavior—this will piss him off, because you’re making him stick around longer than he anticipated.

Be prepared for calls and weird, psychobabble pseudo motivational emails where he attempts to compliment you, placate you and insult you ALL at the same time…oh, yes and he will ALWAYS make sure you know that he’s not a fault for anything and that his “company is caring and wants to do what’s best for everyone.” Crap. Red flag #10.

9. Now, here’s where things get crazy.  From what I gathered from the MANY editors and writers he’s burned before my team, when it gets close to or the actual END of the trial—because he’s been complaining you’re all not “fast enough”—that’s his SET UP to fire the writers and “fire” the editor.

As of the date of this report, I haven’t found ONE person he’s paid in his supposed 17 years of business, so I’ve concluded Alex Hammer won’t pay ANYONE.  He will “fire” the editor. NOTE: the EDITORS—like myself QUIT, we didn’t get “fired.”

Anyway, once the editor QUITS aka “fired” Alex will blame the editor, saying to the writers that “the editor miscommunicated to the writers about their payment.” Please SEE Red flag #6

Writers get pissed and leave as well with no money.

Alex got all his free content and money from Ad Sense, his "investors" etc.

Alex sets up another ad for editors and writers.

Alex repeats his demented scam.

New TWIST:  Hopefully this time, Alex Hammer WON’T get to repeat his demented scam.

I caught onto what he was doing and locked him out of the site BEFORE the trial ended because we were close, asking that he compensate my team of writers and myself.

He did his usual weird song and dance of begging, insulting, bargaining, but I remained firm—I just wanted him to pay my staff and myself, that’s it, that’s all.  I want to get away from this sick man as soon as possible.

He couldn’t get into the site and he even said he wanted to still work with me (Gee…really?  What an absurd thought)!

So, I told him I didn’t want to have any conversation with him because he wasn’t talking about payment.

Since, he couldn’t get into the site, he had me 403'ed from the site; I can get around it, but I don't CARE to because he's so cheap, he can't/won't pay up and I would rather move on with my life and forget the day I ever met this jackass.

It doesn’t matter…my writers know what’s going on…and now YOU, dear reader, know what’s going on and hopefully, we can all pay it forward and warn each other of the twisted Alex Hammers of the world.

Writers—we have gifts and there are people willing to say anything, do anything to rip off your talents.

The harsh economy makes it hard to listen to your intuition sometimes, but Stand firm. Know your worth.  Stick together…the right opportunity will come.

Stay blessed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eromancehelpcom/Bangor-Maine-04402/Alex-Hammer-of-Media-20-Eromancehelpcom-FemaleHealthInfoHelpcom-and-More-Beware-of-t-1057912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eromancehelp.com

#1 General Comment

He is 100% a rude, threatening scammer

AUTHOR: Chantal McCulligh - ()

I wasn't going to say anything when I saw this page, but then I saw that Alex Hammer tried to justify his actions. Let me tell you that there is no way, shape or form that this man is reputable or legitimate.

He is most certainly everything that this article reads.

He emailed me in October 2013 informing me that he would like me to do some videos. I asked for details of the job and didn't receive a response until July 2014. Yes. 9 months later.

Not only did he respond as if he didn't just fall off the face of the earth for 9 months without an explanation, when I re-asked about the details he said,

"I am allowing you to call me."

I thought this was weird since he was trying to get me to work for him. I didn't respond for 2 days and received a "you're a f*cking waste of time" subject line from him threatening me that I will want to apologize for wasting his time.... Because I didn't reply to his email or call him immediately.

What a weirdo!

All freelance writers, youtube gurus and bloggers beware.

Don't listen to anything this guy says. Google needs to get rid of this scammer.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree with everything in this ripoff report

AUTHOR: MikeL - ()

I agree with the other ripoff report About Alex Hammer and his media 2.0 "empire."  This is a pure scammer and weirdo with a mental condition. You can watch any of the interviews he dod during his political campaign or his youtube vids to judge for ourselves. He is also a thief and a scammer and probably collects unemployment because I don't think his media 2.0 blogs make any money for him. He hd me head one of the blogs and paid me because he knew I was about to wuit, and when ai did all the work he desired and was willing to do more, he wanted to scam me and have me return the paypal amount he sent me (after aive already completed the work and was keep working and after he claimed in the email I can do anything with the money I want including hire new bloggers (or use it for whatever means).

So he basiclaly paid me to spend more money on his bullshit gig rather than for my efforts, and he wanted it badk anyway. And it was a small sum of like $75-$100 and he made such a big deal about it that he hired some phony lawyer (what real lawyer would work with someone like this) and sent me threatening emails and lawyer letters. How this guy still hasn't been indicted federally for racketeering, money laundering, tax fraud, embezzlement, or many other things he does as part of his schemes, is beyond me. I still also do not get why that Darren guy on ProBlogger.net even lets him advertise. I guess money speaks better than ethics in some people's eyes.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ifeanyi.Oshun

AUTHOR: Alex Hammer - ()

I'd rather focus on the work than respond to criticism, but I decided to belatedly respond.This individual, Ifeanyi.Oshun, was let go for performance issues. She admits in this post that she stole (locked out) the site and then demanded money.

We have paid writers and others THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in Media 2.0

We do have high standards, perhaps a lot higher than some other companies. We try to be upfront from the beginning in terms of what is expected, so as not to have false expectations.

We do have a trial that consists of 12 hours (24 articles x 1/2 hour per article). There are many great writers but not all great writers are consistent. Perhaps some days their writing is a lot better than others. Or perhaps they write sometimes and other times they stop writing.

Certainly scams exist in life but generally one's success is hard earned and speaks for itself. I'm sure that most writers are very honest as well, but there may also be a few who would find it easier to try to take something that someone else has built and earned and attempt to tear it down rather than lift oneself up towards one's goals.

Most people are happy, most others we ignore, but there have been one or two cases facing extreme and/or illegal behavior when we have had to send in the lawyers.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond and best wishes to all.

See you at the top,