Complaint Review: Estes Law P.C.

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Carmine — Chatham New Jersey
Estes Law P.C.
1901 Avenue of the Stars Century City, Ca. 90067 Century City, California USA

Estes Law P.C. Derek Thomas Be Very Careful...Appears to be a Scam Century City California

*General Comment: Also Contacted by Estes Law Esq.

Received a phone call from a  So called "Attorney Firm" from California  promising to do a loan modification on my Daughters home.    A woman by the name of Derick Thomas told my Daughter that for $3000, they would be able to modify her loan through her bank. No additional cost.  She stated that they had a 100% approval rating and that they would guarantee to lower her interest rate to 2% on a 30 year loan. She couldn't say how she got my Daughters contact information, which sent up a red flag. She did however, emailed an application to my Daughter.  (thank God she never filled it out).   When my Daughter told me, I researched the company.   Nothing.    I googled the address of the firm...same,  I googled the phone numbers...all bullshit.   I searched the BBB, Consumer reports, and the Attorney firm...Nothing to be found.   I even searched the address, nothing listed.    The web site appears to be legit, but giving your personal information to this type of "fly by night" outfit, may cost you more than just the $3K.    Be very careful.    I am forwarding this information to the FBI Cyber Crimes Unit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Estes-Law-PC/Century-City-California-90067/Estes-Law-PC-Derek-Thomas-Be-Very-CarefulAppears-to-be-a-Scam-Century-City-Californi-1108408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Estes Law P.C.

#1 General Comment

Also Contacted by Estes Law Esq.

AUTHOR: Always Concerned - ()

I was also contacted by Estes Law Esq.   The representative I spoke to seemed sincere and professional, however, everything did not add up.  When I checked out the lead attorney on the California Bar Site the phone number was not the same as the representative that contacted me.  When I did a reverse search on the lead attorney's phone number it was not the same address  that was on the paperwork supplied to me by Estes Law Esq.  When I also did a reverse search on the representative that contacted me it was a cell number.  When another associate from this firm contacted me and I did a reverse search on her phone number it was also a cell number.  When I questioned each of the representatives that contacted me why was their phone number a cell number they both said that I was mistaken and their number was not a cell number.

Since they Estes Law is a California Firm and I am located in another state I asked to find out the name of the attorney in my state that would be handling my case.  They said that they deal with about 50 lawyers in my state and that the lawyer would be assigned after I signed the paperwork.  I then asked for the name of any attorney they deal with in my state so I could verify their credentials.  They said they would get back to me and did not.  When I contacted them again and requested that information they said they would not supply until I signed paperwork.

Are they a scam company?  I don't know but I would be very cautious before I signed with them and gave them money.  It would be wonderful if they were honest and sincere but there are too many companies out there trying to scam people in need.  I wish they could have demonstrated their sincerity and I wish this were a report telling you how much they helped me but the lack of information they supplied leads me to warn anyone this company may contact.

By the way,  since they contacted me, I did not contact them, I asked how they got my name their reply was from one of their associates.  When I asked them to identify that associate they were unable to supply with that information.

BE CAUTIOUS!