Complaint Review: esurance

• Updated: Sun, October 21, 2012

• Reported By: DRWTN — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
esurance

esurance BAIT and SWITCH SCAMMERS , Internet

Esurance is a bait and switch SCAM!  I went online for a quote on September 24th for $79.5.  After I got my quote, I called to pay on September 25th.  Sure the agent looked at my quote, we made a few adjustments and settled on $81.80/month.  I didn't want my plan to start until October 20th, which wasn't a problem, and I was told I got a discount for planning ahead.  This morning, I get an email saying that my payment was declined and I had to contact Esurance and have a new plan set up.  There is no way the transaction could have been legitimately declined, so I call.  The agent quotes me $89.80 a month and I'm told it's because there was a statewide increase.  Then I get the supervisor on the phone, she tells me the increase is because they are writing the plan today and I lost the "plan ahead" discount I previously had.  I told her they had to have entered my debit card info wrong but since I had already cancelled my other insurance I take it.  Again she tells me the card is declined.  So, I call GEICO, reinstate my old plan and guess what...CARD ACCEPTED.  ESURANCE IS A SCAM!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/esurance/internet/esurance-BAIT-and-SWITCH-SCAMMERS-Internet-958019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on esurance