Complaint Review: etax

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: Mimi — RockFalls Illinois
etax

etax went through website and when I got to payment option I closed out because I thought it was free and they wanted a credit card, and they wanted 39.99 which I thought was to high , Internet

I was looking for a company to prepare my taxes and had gone into several websites,and one of them was etax, when I got to where the payment option was they wanted to charge me 39.99, of which I thought was too much since they said it was free ,so I closed out of it, the next week I chose the tax company I wanted to use,filed my taxes and they were rejected, saying I had already filed them, after several attempts and a call to the IRS, I found out that etax had filed my taxes and were going to take the fees out of my refund. I called them and the woman I talked to was very rude, so they were going to take 64.90 from my refund, I just recieved my refund this am and they took 94.80 from my refund, now this is for a basic,simple filing, I make minimum wage and I need every penny I can get, so I called them ,spoke to a supervisor and she said she would refund me 29.99 because they didn't even file my state taxes, since I had already paid for services of 19.95 to the other company, they filed my state taxes.So all in all my experience with them was a very expensive one. But they insist that I filed with them and like I told them Why would I file twice ???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/etax/internet/etax-went-through-website-and-when-I-got-to-payment-option-I-closed-out-because-I-though-1038497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on etax