Complaint Review: Etaxes - Steve Kassel

• Updated: Mon, August 25, 2014

• Reported By: Taxed Off — San Francisco California United States of America
Etaxes - Steve Kassel
875 Mahler Rd., Ste. 255 Burlingame, California United States of America

Etaxes - Steve Kassel eTaxes.com After paying $1500 for Steve to negotiate a settlement with the IRS, he did nothing for a year, then asked for $1500 more to complete our agreement. Burlingame, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gary Lee Hardeman Federal Correctional Institution Lompoc, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gary L. Hardeman pleads guilty

*Consumer Comment: No way

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We did all of the work. The client is a criminal

*Author of original report: Taxing Situation

*Author of original report: Taxing Situation

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: eTaxes.com did all work properly

I signed an agreement with Steve Kassel to negotiate a partial payment settlement with the IRS for any unpaid taxes and I paid him $1500.  After a year of doing nothing and avoiding my calls, he claims that our agreement didn't stipulate such a service and I must pay another $1500 if I want him to proceed with that goal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etaxes-Steve-Kassel/Burlingame-California-/Etaxes-Steve-Kassel-eTaxescom-After-paying-1500-for-Steve-to-negotiate-a-settlement-wi-579893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etaxes - Steve Kassel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gary Lee Hardeman Federal Correctional Institution Lompoc, California

AUTHOR: Steve Kassel eTaxes - ()

GARY LEE HARDEMAN
Register Number: 12578-111
Age:  59
Race:  White
Sex:  Male
Located at: Lompoc FCI
Release Date: 11/19/2021

Yes, this convicted child molester and unfortunately, my former client, won't be hoping home until late 2021. May he rot in prison

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gary L. Hardeman pleads guilty

AUTHOR: Steve Kassel eTaxes - ()

I'm very happy to update this matter. Gary L. Hardeman, age 58 will be going to prison for a long time.

SAN FRANCISCO - Gary Hardeman pleaded guilty in federal court in San Francisco today to committing a felony offense involving a minor while under a duty to register as a sex offender, United States Attorney Melinda Haag announced.

In pleading guilty, Hardeman admitted to traveling from San Francisco to Mexico City, Mexico, and attempting to engage in sexual acts with a 13-year-old girl between December 13 and 17, 2007.   At the time of the offense, Hardeman was required by California law to register as a sex offender, based on his previous convictions for sex offenses in California.

Hardeman, 58 of San Francisco, was indicted by a federal Grand Jury on November 23, 2010.  He was charged with one count of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2423(c), and one count of committing this crime while under a legal obligation to register as a sex offender, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2260A.  Under the plea agreement, Hardeman pled guilty to the second of these two counts.

No way

AUTHOR: Breakpoint - (United States of America)

No way.  Steve and Henry kick a**.  I had screwed up taxes going back five years, and records scattered in boxes all over the state.  They didn't even blink.  They just started giving me specific, constructive steps, and started obtaining all the records needed from the IRS.  I checked in with them frequently, and they sent status reports by e-mail.  Additionally, dropping in at the office unannounced, the two times I did that, didn't cause any particular problem.

Steve and Henry both shoot REALLY straight.  I'm not surprised at all to hear Steve bark back at somebody that dumped bile on him.  Both of them work on facts, and that's it.  If you don't have all of yours, well, they can probably help you GET them-- but this is not an outfit that's going to make stuff up, or look the other way.

I used eTaxes because I wanted a firm that was going to get things CORRECT.  I knew it was going to be expensive-- both in terms of taxes owed, and, yes, firm fees-- but I wanted it to be OVER, and by the time we were done, it was.  It really, really was.  I am now starting my own business with total confidence, knowing that my personal financial issues aren't going to put it at risk anymore-- because now I don't have any.

And a word about those fees?  While eTaxes isn't one of those "pennies on the dollar" scams, they WERE able to get some of the penalties dropped-- a little here, a little there.  I think that actually probably COVERED most of their fees by the time we were done with things.  Obviously, don't count on that, but that's how it worked out for me.

So, in short: I can't speak to the merit of the complainant's specific case, but what he alleges would be grossly out of character for both the firm and its employees, and I am highly skeptical of the allegations.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We did all of the work. The client is a criminal

AUTHOR: Steve kassel, etaxes.com - (U.S.A.)

This is very simple. We prepared nine tax returns and got the account placed in a Currently Not Collectible Status. That is precisely what we were contracted to do and that is precisely what we did. The client is a lying piece of trash who doesn't believe in paying taxes but does believe in molesting children.

Taxing Situation

AUTHOR: Taxed Off - (USA)

I think Steve Kassel's failure to stay focused on the issue in his rebuttal speaks to his character.  The dispute is that I paid him $1500 to provide me a service, yet after a year of mostly ignoring my calls, he still hasn't delivered what he promised me.  Now, all he does is villify his accuser/victim.

(On a lighter note, after reading his reply, it seems to me he just used that time and money to take a course in creative writing.)

Taxing Situation

AUTHOR: Taxed Off - (USA)

I think Steve Kassel's failure to focus on the issue in his rebuttal speaks to his character.  To repeat, I paid him $1500 to provide me a service, yet after a year of mostly ignoring my calls, he still hasn't delivered what he promised me.  Now, all he does is villify his accuser/victim.

(On a lighter note, after reading his reply, it seems to me he just used that time and money to take a creative writing course.)

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

eTaxes.com did all work properly

AUTHOR: Steve kassel, etaxes.com - (U.S.A.)

I know the poster of this nonsense. He has filed disputes with the Better Business Bureau, which found in my favor as well as with the state of California. I normally wouldn't bring up the background of a client, but since it's public record and he insists on posting lies...here goes. He is a twice convicted child molester who lies about each and everything he says. Of course, I had to discover this on my own. He didn't tell me about any of it. And, he recently told me he is going on trial again for yet another criminal offense.

I personally prepared NINE tax returns for this individual and we got his case put into uncollectible status with the IRS as we were contracted to do.

He is a piece of slime who I wish I had never come into contact with, but unfortunately, I did. He now says he is going to sue me. I told him to go for it.