Complaint Review: eteacher group

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: sam1978 — waycross Georgia U.S.A.
eteacher group

eteacher group eteacher group english BEWARE! THEY WILL DO YOU WRONG AND TAKE YOUR MONEY Internet

First of all if you have already signed up with them, and want to cancel.. Call and cancel the card you gave them upon sign up or block them from making charges to your card before you call and cancel

My husband wanted to sign up for classes. I was a bit skeptical, so I went online real quick to research the company (obviously not good enough) I only found positive things (posted by them) His classes were supposed to start in October 2012. When we signed up they took the first payment. In Oct they took the 2nd payment. No classes. They called and said that they will not start until Nov. and only for 1 hr. each class 2 times a week. So 2 hrs only a week. This is not what my husband was told.  So he sent a message to them on the Student portal saying he wanted to cancel.

Well, it took us nearly the whole month of Oct to cancel. No one answers the phone. You are on hold, and then the phone hangs up. They said they called my husbands cell phone, but the call comes up "Number Unavailable" or "Private" My husband does not answer private numbers to avoid Scammers. I sent another message giving them my home number instead. I answer that one. When I tell them (now 3times) that he does not answer those types of incoming calls, they said "Oh, well for OUR security we have numbers that appear as so on Caller ID's"

Anyway.  My husband demands his classes be canceled, no further discussions.  They tell him that he will be charged 50% of the course total. And to read the terms and conditions. So I read them (should have from the very beginning.. I should have known better.)  In fact it says pretty much.. the closer you cancel to the start of your course.. the more you are charged. No Wonder Why They Took Their TIME GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US AND NO WONDER WHY THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CALL AND GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE TO CANCEL. SNEAKY.  NO WONDER WHY THEY HAVE PRIVATE NUMBERS AND UNAVAILABLE POP UP ON OUR CALLER ID'S.. CAUSE FOLKS CAN'T CALL BACK IF THEY MISS THE CALL.

So my husband told the guy.. You better not charge me.. you guys are the ones that have promised one thing.. and now have changed our initial agreement. The guy told him, well if you don't pay we are going to sue you for what you owe. Right when my husband hung up the phone.. he tell me.. Cancel my Debit card NOW!  So I called the bank with out hesitation.  Sure enough, while I was on the phone with the bank.. ETeacher Group tried to charge 190 dollars. The charge was rejected. Thank God.. for our fast acting!  Smart man.. that man of mine!

So I summed up what we have paid so far.. plus the 190 they tried to charge.. come up to exactly half of the course cost. Also.. I had received an email that they would charge interest and additional fees if we did not comply. I wrote them back and said.. that the terms in conditions do not say anywhere.. that if failure to pay.. there would be interest and fees.  So PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY. If they pursue my husband for payment.. I will get an attorney.  The only times we authorized debits to our account was on the 9th of every month .. as payment for the service/course..and they tried to charge before the 9th.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eteacher-group/internet/eteacher-group-eteacher-group-english-BEWARE-THEY-WILL-DO-YOU-WRONG-AND-TAKE-YOUR-MONEY-I-963674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eteacher group