Complaint Review: etourandtravel

• Reported By: David — Atlanta Georgia
etourandtravel
3626 Quadrangle Boulevard Suite 400 Orlando, Florida USA

etourandtravel Overly Agressive Sales Force - Bait and Switch - Orlando Florida

I purchasd a vacation package 3 years ago from E-Tour and Travel and because of a very busy schedule that year decided against the vacation.  The following year E-Tour contacted me and offered to give me a credit for the vacation that I failed to take.  The catch was I would use the credit to another vacation.  The new vacation package offered a longer stay at a hotel and included tickets to Disney world and covered the cost of a rental car.  It sounded like a great deal so we decided to purchase it again.  We decided to use E-Tour and travel and began to schedule the vacation.  As we began to schedule the vacation we discovered that we had no rental car.

No problem, we can just drive our car down to Orlando.  However, as we trie to book our hotel, they told us that the hotel was no longer available and that we would stay at a cheap hotel a considerable distance away from the resort.  This was not acceptable so we asked to speak to a supervisor.  The gentelman was so rude, I thought it was a joke and that I was on a reality television show, so I decided to record it.  After speaking with the sales consultant informing him that I had been switched, he told me that I was a liar, that the package was not available at the price that we purchased it for and that there was nothing that he could do.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor and he then disguised his voice and pretended he was a supervisor.  :O) (I thought these things usually only happen in the movies).  After being armed with a recording of the conversation I send it in to E-Tour and Travel and they decided to give me the package that I purchased and my family and I enjoyed our vacation however I promised myself that I would never use them again.  Until recently they began calling me again.  I spoke to one sales person and explained that I was not interested.

They called me the next day and I decided to listen.  The sales person seemed like a friendly enough person until we began to speak.  He then explained to me that I needed to avoid consulting my wife and purchase the ticket.  After speaking to him a bit longer and trying desperately to avoid being rude, explaining time and time again that the offer sounded very good but that I would not make a decision without consulting my wife, he continued to try to make the sale and eventually insulted my wife and that was all I could take.  They have continued to call me consistently over the course of two weeks.

This company is unscruplous and although they may be able to give a great deal on tickets, they will stop at nothing to get a sale.  I've had a very poor experience with this company and I would suggest pursuing a vacation package from another discount service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/etourandtravel/Orlando-Florida-32817/etourandtravel-Overly-Agressive-Sales-Force-Bait-and-Switch-Orlando-Florida-1128193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on etourandtravel