Complaint Review: European Auto Expo

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: JimD — Scarsdale New York
European Auto Expo
409 Highway 46 E, Little Ferry NJ Lodi, New Jersey USA

European Auto Expo European Auto Deals These guys take sleazy to a new low… Little Ferry New Jersey

I saw their ad on cars.com and e-mailed them to a prompt return call.  I told them how much I was looking to pay for the vehicle and after checking with the manager was told they could agree to the price as long as I put $3,000 down and financed through them.  This worked for me but having been burned by used car people before I wanted assurances that the rate was acceptable so gave my info online and was assured the best rate (which wasn’t surprising as I have great credit).  Still a bit nervous, I decided to Google them…bad reviews on Yelp (1.5 stars) and 1 star on njbusinessfinder…but with not many reviews on either so I looked at Cars.com and they had mostly good reviews so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt…big – BIG mistake.

When I arrived they were cleaning and waxing my car…I was impressed…then I looked inside and saw the interior did not match the description of the car I wanted.   The salesperson acted surprised and incredulous so I checked the VIN (I had brought the carfax with me)…no definitely not the same car though it was the same year and approximate mileage.  It was the old bait & switch.  Oh but they would give me the same price…yada yada yada…I should have left then but not being married to the interior I decided to test drive and move ahead.

Forward to credit terms…turns out  I actually hadn’t been approved but they can sort everything out except they couldn’t give me the lowest rate because of the year of the car…just .3% higher…ok I’m a dufus for staying around this long but I wanted to drive away in my new set of wheels…then he tells me how much the payment will be.  So I pull out my smartphone and Google Car Finance Calculator and find that the monthly amount I should pay is $60 per month less.  I ask the sleaze what the deal is and he starts to go through the calculation with the car price $3,000 higher.  What??? To which he shows me his website which says that there is an extra charge of $2995 per vehicle.  Wasn’t that explained to me…NO!  It was not…$3,000 down is a down payment.  I got up and left never to have back the several hours I spent driving out and dealing with these lies.  DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/European-Auto-Expo/Lodi-New-Jersey-07644/European-Auto-Expo-European-Auto-Deals-These-guys-take-sleazy-to-a-new-low-Little-Ferr-1066054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on European Auto Expo