Complaint Review: European Wax Center

• Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: ViCariously — Carmel Indiana United States of America
European Wax Center
P.O. Box 802208, Aventura, Florida United States of America

European Wax Center Fire employees while refusing to provide reason, phonecalls and emails ignored. Aventura, Florida

This report is directed to any licensed estheticians considering going to work for this company.  I was hired by this company and let go after one week of training before I had even had a chance in a store location to prove myself. European Wax Centers hires estheticians and then does not not even bother to tell you how well you did in the training. After completion of the training, I was told they would be in touch with me with my new work schedule, and I was left hanging for four whole days.

Finally I had to be the one to call the manager at the store and she told me that I did not have the job.  When I questioned her response, she literally repeated the same script.  The regional manager for this company in my area of the country actively pursued me to come and work for her most affluent location.  I did have slow but steady employment with my former esthetics job, but excellent medical benefits. I shared my concern with this manager (that was very aggressive in getting me to come with her) with the lack of benefits that European Wax Center offers its employees.

She lured me away from my job and promised me that I would make 45 to 65,000 my first year and would have more than enough money to afford my own insurance plan.  Knowing what I know now, that is because the company is extremely cheap and brags so much about expanding nationwide and internationally, but when you pay your employees 8 dollars an hour and 5% commissions I guess you can afford to expand.

During training we were policed in a very Gustapo-like fashion.  Everything was down to the exact minute and if you did run overtime with a practice client, you barely received a restroom or lunch break.  This is why the center has so much business. The wax associates are timed and only given a certain amount of time with each client.  If they do not speed up, they are let go.  We were also expected to memorize an entire script and not miss one single word of the script.

Even the way we greeted the clients and walked them out.  We were specifically told not to give them any privacy in getting dressed and to stay in the room with them and walk them out.  We were quizzed during our evaluations on things that the trainer did not even introduce to us. I did like the hands on fact and I will give them this...their wax and products are fantastic.  The only good thing about that training was learning a better technique of waxing, especially female bikini treatments.

My goal in writing this report is to make consumers aware of the shady operations of how they treat their associates.  If you have an esthetician you really enjoy at European Wax Center, please try to obtain a business card from her in case they let her go without any reason.  I have Googled this company and have read several instances of the same experiences that I had.  If they were not let go without reason after the training, they were let go unannounced on the job.  See for yourselves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2012 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/European-Wax-Center/Aventura-Florida-33280/European-Wax-Center-Fire-employees-while-refusing-to-provide-reason-phonecalls-and-email-961299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on European Wax Center