Complaint Review: Everest University on line

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: jw***154 — Lakeland Florida
Everest University on line
Internet lakleland, Florida USA

Everest University on line stole money from my school loans and are holding my degree hostage untill I give them more money. Tampa online Florida

*Author of original report: Repost

*Consumer Comment: Isn't that the truth.

*Consumer Comment: comment

2013-05-16 Everest Univercity online is a POS. Do not go to this school, the have taken money from my loans to pay for there mistakes and want more before they turn over my degree deploma to me. stole thousands from right under my nose. Out of the blue they called one day and told me that they did not recieve a pell grant from a year ago and started taking money from my student loans to pay for the pell grant, when i ask them if it was there fault that they did not get the pell grant they said yes but it was to late to go back and get it and told me I had to take a loan out to pay it back.

After cntacting the pell grant office they told me that they do not keep trck of the grant money and that they trust the schools to do that, when I refused to take a loan out the took the money out of my student loans. They also charged me $800.00 for a early drop out fee because I had my student adviser tell me to drop out because the school was going under and that I would lose all that mony and all my credits. I contacted lawyers in Ca and other states and they confermed that the school was in trouble so I had my son drop out with me. We tried to get into other schools and was told that we would need to start all over because they did not take credits from Everest.

I was so close to graduating that I had no other opertunity but to go back and try to get my degree before the school went under and they charged me the $ 800 buks and the took 600 out of my student loans to cover it and now they want $250 befor they will send me my degree. Folks it is illigal for the schools to take money from your student loans to pay for other things like a pell grant that they did not get or from a so called drop out fee. I am going to sue them for all the money that they took plus pain and suffering. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL.

I called and talked to a Ryan the assistant to the director of finance and she in so many words called me a lier and she told me it was illigal to take my student loans to pay for other things such as a pell grant and a drop out fee. and shestarted to get very nasty with me when I told her I had all the emails and dates and times along with names saying what they did then she got very nasty with me so I told her off and told her I was seeing my lawyer in the next few days do do something about it and I hung up on her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-University-on-line/lakleland-Florida-33809/Everest-University-on-line-stole-money-from-my-school-loans-and-are-holding-my-degree-ho-1051420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest University on line

Repost

AUTHOR: jwalker154 - ()

I would like to take a few minutes to explain why my writing was so bad in my report. I had just gotten off the phone with the school and was very upset. I did not take the time to check my spelling or my grammar. My writhing skills are pretty darn good when I slow down and check my work.

I did get this problem taken care of Last week. I contacted a person that was higher up in the school and she took care of the problem with in a few days.

For those that commented on my report, You should be running our country with the skills you have. Now that we all know you are so much better then most of us when writhing under extream stress and your understanding of mistakes made when doing things under stress and lets not forget your compassion for those that try to better themselves. You are what makes America the best place on earth. By the way, you might want to look over your grammar in your post that you posted to my report.

This Problem has been taken care of and no longer is an issue   Thank you both for your comments and I do hope you both find something better to do then looking on web sites to comment on other peoples writing skills when you need to check your own.

Isn't that the truth.

AUTHOR: Niko234 - ()

Good lord, no wonder you cannot find a job. Your writing skills are deplorable. That is problem with people today you want everything yesterday. I would bet your student loan funds that a community college could have offered you the same program for 1/2 of what you paid. H**l, I would want my money back on the principle of not being able to write.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Your post serves as a good example to others of why these online schools are generally not held in high regard.  Your  written communication skills are somewhere around the 8th grade level. I know I wouldn't hire you. Any school that lets a student graduate without clear proficiency of something as basic as written English is surely a scam.