Complaint Review: Evolution Auto - Tampa Florida

6601 W Hillsborough Ave. Tampa, Florida USA

Evolution Auto - Tampa Florida Stole/Illegal use of Car Plates Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Title Never Transferred Either

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I sold my car to evolution auto, and they were unable to get my plates off my car after trying for 1 1/2 hours, they did not have the tools to cut the plate off.  They advised me to leave and they would take care of it and turn them into the Florida DMV for me down the street. I was moving out of town that day and had no more time to spare. They assured me they take plates into the dmv for customers all the time and even showed me other plates they had to take in.  6 months later, I received violations and a picture of a car going through toll booths that was not my car, but had my plates on it.  I contacted Evolution and spoke to Wendy (mgrs assistant) and Rick the financial manager and they both told me, too bad, not their responsibility or problem. I have had to report them to the Hillsborough Sheriff office and now I have to go to the DMV. I have no idea the full impact of the violations I have against me at this point. And for Evolution to take no responsibility for this is shameful at best...they treated me horrible, when what they did was illegal. I highly suggest that people stay away from this company, I have no idea how bad the damages are from their negligent actions.  I will keep you posted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2013 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evolution-Auto-Tampa-Florida/Tampa-Florida-33634/Evolution-Auto-Tampa-Florida-StoleIllegal-use-of-Car-Plates-Tampa-Florida-1048477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evolution Auto - Tampa Florida

Title Never Transferred Either

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Well, Evolution has not done anything as said in the above that they wanted to correct this and fix this.  Not only  did I have an issue with my plates.  I found out that they never even transferred the title out of my name.  Wendy said in emails she was looking into for me and a month later, I find out it was never done. I had a block on my Florida License Renewal, because I had to put fraud alerts all over the place, so in order to renew my Florida license it would require me to fly to Florida to verify who I was (couldn't afford that).  Oh and they never sent the $50.00 gas card they wanted to give me to remove this post, (hush money..lol).  The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles had to get involved to finally get the title out of my name (think its done now, still waiting to hear back from the investigator), months of faxing paperwork, filing reports and empty promises from Evolution....I would not recommend using this company...even when they promise to fix something....they don't...and there is such serious ramifications if a crime is committed with the plates and the car...this could happen to you too....careless, reckless disregard for your information and identy by this company...and then to tell you, its not their responsibility...companies like this is what is wrong with America, greed, and lack of understanding on their actions to the honest American Citizen and they don't care as long as they make money, at your expense.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I am happy to report that I received a phone call from Wendy of Evolution Auto today 5/6/13, who states that the owner of the company would like to help resolve this for me. They want to send me a $50.00 gas card and take care of the violations and to help track down what happened to my plates, and who has them now.

They stated that this is not normal practice, nor the attitude of their company. It is obvious that the owner of this company cares about his reputation as a business and was oblivious to what his employees where doing and saying to customers. None of this should have happened, nor should it have gotten this far.

I am at least satisified that if you have a problem with this company, to contact the owner direct to get results (which you can find on the Florida Corporation data base, on their articles of incorporation).

In the meantime, I would highly suggest that no one ever leave their plates with any dealership, as you can't depend on what a given employee will or will not do, its not their company. I had no choice, as I was going to miss my flight to move out of town and the plates they could not get off, nor did they have the tools.  I was a victim of identity theft once, and a situation like this could have the potential of becoming a serious problem for anyone, most especially if a crime is committed with the plates.

I am pleased that the owner stepped up and is trying to help me fix this.  I hope they can track down my plates, and how this happened and get rid of the employees that had so irresponsibly handled something as valuable as my plates.

Thank you to the owner of Evolution Auto for understanding how upsetting this is and knowing the potential dangers of my plates getting in the wrong hands.  I do commend you as an owner for stepping up to help, I know you as an owner are not involved in the day to day activities, but you took action, and that is rare in companies today.