Complaint Review: Excede Internet

• Reported By: Dennis — Ridge New York
Excede Internet
349Inverness Dr So. Englewood, Colorado USA

Excede Internet Satellite Internet Service Provider Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Exede response

*UPDATE Employee: I'd Like To Help

Well I can see Im not the first to have problems with this company.. First off Excede was reccommended to me by DIRECT T.V.

Now let me say after one month I have no problems with Direct T.V.s service.The problem I have is not being told I needed an internet connection for the "genie"boxes that control the televisions in my home!! Along with that not being told that if I wanted to download any movies it would somehow be done using my data from the internet,until after it was installed.

My problem with EXCEDE is I told the salesperson what I did on my computer...She told me I would have no problems with there 10G.B. monthly plan. Now I do not download movies,I will play a you tube music video and do normal work on the internet..

With that after 7 or 8 days I notice my internet is running slow..A few days go by and I call to find out what is up..Im told I have almost used all my G.B. for the month and it is being run at a slower speed or something to that affect..I explained that it was impossible to have used all the G.B.up even though I have no ideas about G.B!! I explained my routine and that my daughter found PANDORA RADIO on T.V. and was listening to that. She goes on to tell me that using PANDORA could eat up the G.B. I tried to explain it was on the T.V. She went on to tell me that even though its on the T.V. it still is using the internet.

With that I tell my kid no more PANDORA..A few days go by and I get an email stating I have almost used all the G.B. for the month...I call again and explain that this "service" is not going to work for me and was thinking of canceling..The salesperson had told me I had two weeks to decide if EXCEDE would be everything she claimed it would.

This rep offers to give me $10.00 credit per month instead of cancelling,which I took.

The service now is worse than "dial-up" and I called the next day determined to cancel.This time Im offered 5 G.B. for free...Im thinking that will get me to the end of the month and I should be good...WRONG AGAIN!!! After 2 days I get another email warning me I have used 3G.B. of my 5 G.B.

Now I know there is no way this is going to work..My wife is in college and she needs the internet for research and homework.I have got to cancel this and get a REAL service!!

I called again,it was day 15.I explained to the rep my problem and he agreed there plans would not work for me..I had told him about the 2 weeks deal and he told me they did not have any 2 week deal..Now Im fuming..I told him I wanted to cancel and his response was there is an early termination fee and it would cost me over $700.00 to get rid of this sorry a*s of an excuse internet company

I WARN ANYONE LOOKING TO USE EXCEDE INTERNET..There service is prehistoric!!! Unless you are single and only want to use the internet to check your email and pay a bill,STAY AWAY FROM EXCEDE!!! THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excede-Internet/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Excede-Internet-Satellite-Internet-Service-Provider-Englewood-Colorado-1077931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excede Internet

Exede response

AUTHOR: Dennis - ()

Well Im glad to report that after having someone from EXEDE respond to my concerns,I did in fact come to a mutual resolution with them regarding my problem..

Have to say Im more than surprised and satisfied with the outcome and only wished I was able to speak to this person initially.

I'd Like To Help

AUTHOR: Exede Zac - ()

Hello Dennis,

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues and I understand you are wanting to disconnect as the data usage isn't working for your household's needs.

I would appreciate an email to further assist you. Can you send me an email with your name, phone number and a good time to call you at exedelistens@viasat.com please? Also, include you reported on RipOff Reports so I can better assist you. Thanks! Exede/Zac