functions

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: April — Baldwyn Mississippi
Exede Via Stat
P.O. Box 4427 Englewood, Colorado USA

Exede Via Stat BEWARE.. COMPANY DOES NOT MENTION 24 MONTH CONTRACT. CRAPPY SERVICE Englewood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Contract

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Where was the bait and switch?

I signed up for Exede and spoke with rep who about service. I explained I heard bad things about satellite internet and cancelled my appointment with Dishnet because I did not want to be locked into contract if service is bad. Rep scheduled appointment giving glowing reviews but never mentioned contract. So I signed up for service. Installer comes out and installs dish on neighbors property, then the signal goes out. I decide right then that this service isnt living up to hype of the sales person and call and cancel my service after just 2 days. That is when I am hit with the disclaimers about a contract. This is total bait and switch they make promises and then lie to get people to sign up with them and then provide crappy service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exede-Via-Stat/Englewood-Colorado-80155/Exede-Via-Stat-BEWARE-COMPANY-DOES-NOT-MENTION-24-MONTH-CONTRACT-CRAPPY-SERVICE-Englew-1135242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exede Via Stat

Contract

AUTHOR: ExedeJack - ()

It can be pretty frustrating to find out about a contract, after the fact.  I would love to look into this situation for you.  When our installers finish an installation of service, they go through a procedure for activation.  For example, they would have you sign an Electronic Agreement.  This Agreement explains about the 2 year contract as well as the terms and conditions of that contract.  However, sometimes this can be missed when you are excited to start out with a new service.  If you would like me to look into this for you, please send an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com, include your contact information and the best time to call.  ExedeJack

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Where was the bait and switch?

AUTHOR: LakeCountrySat Exede Elite Dealer - ()

My name is David Varner and I am the owner of Lake Country Satellite an Elite Dealer for Exede.  I also sit on the dealer advisory council to ViaSat.  As I have stated in this forum over and over, your problem is NOT with Exede, but rather with the sales partner who did not go over the disclosures with you.  Always contact a LOCAL retailer who will not steer you wrong.  We work extremely hard in our communities to build our reputation around the companies we represent.

Exede is a very reputable company and we are told to go over the disclosures with customers.  Unfortunately, these marketing companies who you probably contacted, sell multiple products and services from several companies, and in most cases just have one thing in mind...making a sale.

But please do not say you were baited and switched by Exede.  All contracts are 24 Months, there is no grace period, and the cancellation charge is $15/month for each month left in the contract.  Had you contacted a local retailer all of these things would have been disclosed and your dish would have been installed properly.

Now, having said all this..one of my tasks on the advisory council is customer service.  I am working on introducing a plan for customers like yourself to have an advocate within the company that will make things right.  Meanwhile, send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account info and they will halp you.

My coantact info: David R Varner david@lakecountrysat.com