Complaint Review: Expect Payment Solutions

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Amanda — portland Oregon
Expect Payment Solutions
11700 NE 95th st Vancouver, Washington USA

Expect Payment Solutions charged my company a rate three times higher than the contract guaranteed and has made no attempt to refund Vancouver Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Facts

The contract I signed with Expect guaranteed me a rate between 2% and 3%.  Several months in to service I looked over my bill, ran some figures and found that I was being charged betwen 8% and 10%.  I brought it to my reps attention that day by email and he met me the next day to verify the discrepency.  He told me that he'd be handing it over to Derek Garvin, his Chief Financial Officer, and he'd figure out a refund as soon as possible.  While the problem, which they admit was no fault of me or my company, was remedied shortly there after the refund was never figured and never given.   I was told they were working on it and they'd get back to me.  A few months later I closed the location and the communication became even less frequent and less willing.  I asked that the contract simply be deemed void since it was not honored on their end and they refused to do so.  While they admit that they over charged me, they claim it is not their problem to remedy and if I don't like it I can "take them to court."  I'd love to do that very thing but I don't have the time nor the energy to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expect-Payment-Solutions/Vancouver-Washington-98682/Expect-Payment-Solutions-charged-my-company-a-rate-three-times-higher-than-the-contract-1047386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expect Payment Solutions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Facts

AUTHOR: Derek Garvin - ()

The first portion of your complaint is true, we did promise the low rate, and there were some issues that were out of your control.  We did promise to fix it and we did take a very long time as there were many transactions and batches to look at and consider in determining a refund.  The questions I have are how long did this go on before you brought it to our attention?  Why did it take you 8 months to notice and get back to us?  Some of the fault has to fall on the merchants to track their own statements and accounts, we do not track them as it would be impossible given the number of clients we have.  Did we cover a buyout of your previous processing company for you?  Yes, we did, in the amount of $600, which is the exact amount we offered to refund you.  Our contract specifically states that if we buyout a merchant from their previous company and they cancel our services, we have the right to take the money back.  I could have refunded you the money but would have had to take it right back as you elected to cancel our services, did we charge you an early termination fee as well?  I don't believe we did, we waived that in good faith.  If your going to write bogus reviews on companies, please try to at least include all of the facts and not just half-truths that don't tell the entire story.