Complaint Review: Expedia and Hotels .com

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: carmstrong — Coldwater Mississippi United States of America
Expedia and Hotels .com
Camden Road Pine Bluff, Arkansas United States of America

Expedia and Hotels .com Holiday Inn Express No one will discuss a refund. They keep telling me to contact the 3rd party?? Pine Bluff, Arkansas

*Author of original report: Holiday Inn

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Former Employee experience in problem

I needed to book a reservation for the upcoming birth of my granddaughter. Not having the number of the motel, I went online to find it and found the website to book at www.hiexpress.com so I thought ok, so I booked the days to stay and was speaking to a customer service rep and plainly asked him if something should happen could I change my reservation or get my money back and he said in case of emergency YES!! Well, that's not true. First of all, I thought I was speaking with someone with Holiday Inn Express when in fact it was someone with Expedia.

They had no problem debiting the money from my account immediately after booking the days. As fate would have it, my daughter went into labor a week early and had to have an EMERGENCY C-section. Upon arriving in Pine Bluff, I went to Holiday Inn Express and explained to situation to them and they changed my reservation and when I asked about the refund for the one night I would not be staying I was told to call the 800 and discuss this with them. I did, and was given a case number and told that someone would call me or e-mail but that never happened.

So I have been calling and to no avail does anyone know how to issue a refund. The hotel was paid for 3 nights and I did not stay three nights. That is the first rip-off. How do you take money for that and have a clear conscience? I am still trying and will continue to keep trying that is fraud. The website for Holiday Inn Express does not tell you that it is booked through Expedia or Hotels.com> Now while holding with Expedia they tell me it was booked through deltactp. I am not sure I understand but at this point, do all your booking DIRECTLY, PLEASE DO NOT USE EXPEDIA, Hotels or any other rip off booking company without knowing exactly all the correct information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia-and-Hotels-com/Pine-Bluff-Arkansas-/Expedia-and-Hotels-com-Holiday-Inn-Express-No-one-will-discuss-a-refund-They-keep-tellin-1009164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia and Hotels .com

Holiday Inn

AUTHOR: carmstrong - (United States of America)

Paul, I appreciate what you are saying, but I booked from the hiexpress.com and not any place on my confirmation does it say Expedia or anything else.  Now they are giving me all these 800 numbers to call and several of them are just info lines.  This is ridiculous. My patience are being tested and I am going to lose control. It's ok, if they can feel good about scamming someone then my conscience is clear. When I booked the reservation I was told if an emergency arose that it could be handled and now its not being handled, its being brushed off.  I appreciate you defending them but fair is fair. They should make it known on their website that you are not booking directly with Holiday Inn that there are several parties involved. I have learned not only a valuable lesson but an expensive one.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Former Employee experience in problem

AUTHOR: Paul - (USA)

I am a former employee with Holiday Inn the hotel, not the Express, but same rules do apply.  I see from what I read, you thought you were talking to HIExpress rep on the phone, but turned out to be an Expedia rep.  Did they answer the phone as "HIExp" or reservations?  No, matter who you book with you get an email confirmation, that would have been the first clue, as to how you made the reservation.

When Expedia booked the room, they are considered the "3rd" party, you paid them they paid hotel.  The hotel is not to get involved in any refunds, that would have come out of "their" pocket, and the hotel did nothing wrong.  You really have to deal with Expedia, contest the CC charges, that might work.  If corporate gave you a case number, they do that everytime someone calls with a problem, they send it to the hotel, the hotel researches it, and gets back to corp, or if the hotels fault, they might contact you directly.

I can tell you, the phone number in your reservation, is ONLY Expedia's number.  BUT, corp did get your real phone number, so if someone does call you, it will problay be corp, and to tell you Expedia is the only one who can issue refunds.

Oedipus