- Report: #660938
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: expedia, inc.
expedia, inc.333 108th Avenue NE Bellevue, Washington United States of America
expedia, inc. EXPEDIA.COM EXPEDIA.COM LIES AND BAIT AND SWITCHES FOR THEIR HOTEL + CAR PACKAGES IN PHOENIX, AZ Bellevue, Washington
Expedia.com (A subsidiary of Expedia, Inc.) is involved in "Bait and Switch" Advertising on their website. When my girlfriend on November 10, 2010 attempted to book "Hotel + Car" package for $216 as advertised on their website for "Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St. PLUS a Fox Rentacar (Economy Size) for November 12, 2010 - November 15, 2010.
1. She entered her credit card information for the amount and after submitting the information she received an error that the order could not be processed.
2. She called EXPEDIA.COM Toll Free Number to attempt to purchase this package over the phone. When the customer service agent attempted to book the package, she also got the same error and told her that she would have to purchase the Rental Car separately at the price of $77 per day which brought the Total to:
A. Hotel - $150 plus tax
B. Car - $231 plus tax
C. Total - $381
The excuse the EXPEDIA.COM agent gave for not being able to book it was "Since this for the Weekend of November 12, 2010 the car rental company wont let us book this as a package" EXPEDIA.COM is practicing classic "BAIT AND SWITCH" and pure lying. They advertise this package for one price and when you attempt to purchase it they tell you that you can't and you have to pay more by purchasing the Hotel and Car separately. I really believe that this company should be investigated for this practice and I look forward to hearing from you about this complaint.
(As submitted to FTC)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/expedia-inc/Bellevue-Washington-98004/expedia-inc-EXPEDIACOM-EXPEDIACOM-LIES-AND-BAIT-AND-SWITCHES-FOR-THEIR-HOTEL-CAR-PA-660938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.