• Submitted: Thu, March 27, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: Duped by Experience — Los Angeles California
36 Arcadia Road, Box 684 Old Greenwich, Connecticut USA

EXPERIENCE PUBLISH RIVERSIDE Experience Publishing, Inc. Charged $15 / month for YEARS but provided no service; I assumed it was for web hosting. Old Greenwich Connecticut

Every month for YEARS there was a $15 charge on my American Express bill from EXPERIENCE PUBLISH RIVERSIDE CT.  I do not recall ever signing up for ANYTHING with this company.  A colleague told me that it was probably for hosting my website, which I have had since 2005.  He was wrong.  This company NEVER gave me any product or any service.              When I phoned them in October 2013 to cancel my web hosting, they said there must be a mistake as they don't do web hosting.  I could not get them to explain to me why they had been charging me hundreds of dollars (possibly more than $1000).  I demanded a FULL refund of all the money I had ever paid them, as I believed it had been fraudulently charged.         They said that they could only give a one-month refund and stop any future charges.    They DID keep that last promise:  I received a $15 credit on 10/30/13, and there have been no charges thereafter.           Did I get tricked into signing up for some free service years ago?  What might that service have been?  Most importantly, without hiring a lawyer and going to court, is there any way I can recoup the funds that were taken from me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXPERIENCE-PUBLISH-RIVERSIDE/Old-Greenwich-Connecticut-06870/EXPERIENCE-PUBLISH-RIVERSIDE-Experience-Publishing-Inc-Charged-15-month-for-YEARS-bu-1134287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXPERIENCE PUBLISH RIVERSIDE