Complaint Review: Express Home Solutions

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 14, 2010

• Reported By:Garden City New York
Express Home Solutions
595 Stewart Avenue, Suite 720 Garden City, New York U.S.A.

Express Home Solutions EXPRESS HOME SOLUTIONS: GARDEN CITY Loan Modification SCAM, Took our money, failed to perform, LIED, won't return refundable deposit! Garden City New York

*Consumer Comment: Express Home Solutions For Me

*Author of original report: EXPRESS MODIFICATIONS

*Author of original report: EXPRESS HOME SOLUTIONS: WORKED HARD TO GET ME MY DEPOSIT BACK

I was trying to find help with my adjustable, pick-a-payment loan with Countrywide Bank. After 2 failed attempts, to modify my loan, a total lack of professionalism, a completely inexperienced staff who claim they are attorneys, I requested my refund back from Express Modifications. They refused, even though I have a signed affadavit stating that if the modification was unsuccessful, my refund would be returned in full.

Philip Haas, Kenneth Sarosi, Stacey Goldberg and the rest of Express Modifications 'Loan Modification Specialists' didn't do ANYTHING they said they would do.. Didn't provide our documents to lender, didn't follow up with lender or communicate with us, and failed.

I terminated our relationship in writing with Express Mod due to their non-performance and breach of contract, after they attempted to submit FAKE income numbers without my knowlege, and tried to hide the fact that the modification was denied a 2nd time. I demanded a refund, and they have ignored my demand. I am now consulting an attorney and are seeking a remedy through litigation.

Business had changed names from Express Modifications to Express Home Solutions.

BEWARE-THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Mortgage scam
Garden City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Home-Solutions/Garden-City-New-York-11530/Express-Home-Solutions-EXPRESS-HOME-SOLUTIONS-GARDEN-CITY-Loan-Modification-SCAM-Took-ou-455352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Home Solutions

Express Home Solutions For Me

AUTHOR: Love EHS - (United States of America)

Express Home Solutions contacted me last year (2009).  I needed a modification on my mortgage and had a 5.6% interest rate fixed for a 30 year term.  They told me they would give me a 2-3% interest rate fixed for the rest of my 30 year term.  I didn't think it was possible for them to do that.  I gave them the fee they were asking for (1% of the loan i currently had).  It took a very quick and painless time to get my modification to go through with my bank.  They were very responsive and were calling me throughout the process.  They provided an excellent attorney and gave me all the help they told me they would. They are located in Garden City on Long Island, NY.  I met with them personally in their office since they were in driving distance from my home.  They saved my home and my life.  I am so grateful for everything they did for me and I would recommend anyone who needs a modification to deal with these experiences and wonderful people.

EXPRESS MODIFICATIONS

AUTHOR: Mortgage scam - (U.S.A.)

PLEASE Do not hold EXPRESS HOME SOLUTIONS responsible for the comments I made in the last report. I was upset that my modification was denied and wrote this report in haste. I have repeatedly tried to remove this report; however, I have not been able to do that.

All of the people mentioned have done EVERYTHING they can to make the situation better. They have worked diligently to get my deposit back and have completely honored their commitments to me.

I retract all comments made and would be happy to do business with them in the future. Please ignore this report - I would absolutely do business with them going forward.

AUTHOR: Mortgage scam - (U.S.A.)

As an update to the previous report, Ken and company worked closely with their attorneys to return my deposit, as stated in my contract. It was unfortunate that the process took so long and my mortgage could not be modified; however, it was not Express Home Solutions fault. The fact of the matter is that Countrywide was only modifying loans that were underwater and held by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. My loan simply did not qualify and Express Home Solutions cannot be held responsible for that.

As I said before, they really were very accommodating in getting my money back to me and doing the right thing. My apologies for the harsh report.