Complaint Review: Extended Stay Hotels / HVM, LLC

• Updated: Sun, March 20, 2011

• Reported By: Ashley — Dallas Texas USA
Extended Stay Hotels / HVM, LLC
6300 US Hwy. 290 E. Austin, Texas United States of America

Extended Stay Hotels / HVM, LLC Extended StayAmerica, Robbed After Hotel Gave Strangers a Key to my Room Austin, Texas

I was to stay at this hotel for SXSW Interactive conference for over a week. My first full day in town, the hotel made someone ( I have still not been told who), keys to my room and I was robbed of pretty much everything except my clothing and toiletries.

When I informed the hotel they said sorry, told me to call the cops, and then closed the front desk less than 30 minutes later without telling me. I was left at 1am on Saturday morning with no secure place to stay, missed the conference that I had paid to attend, and ended up not only losing my stuff but being out of additional costs of traveling around the area while figuring out what to do with my now ruined trip and finally finding another hotel that was considerably more expensive.

The hotel basically pushed me off on their insurance and has still offered no explanation as to why and how this was allowed to happen. I would not stay here unless you want your room burglarized.

You can watch a video about what happened here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGnS9nQKtcE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2011 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extended-Stay-Hotels-HVM-LLC/Austin-Texas-78723/Extended-Stay-Hotels-HVM-LLC-Extended-StayAmerica-Robbed-After-Hotel-Gave-Strangers-a-708475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extended Stay Hotels / HVM, LLC