Complaint Review: extra space storage

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: janette tucker — washington Dist of Columbia
extra space storage
6101 blair rd northwest washington, Dist of Columbia USA

extra space storage had my stuff stored here from 2009-2012 never had a priblem until a manager name tom...last name unk.he never kept my correct address on file,when i was late and they installed there lock until i paid. things were moved around. i had very important papers. law enforcement ,files and files. and they neverseem to notify me when late fees attached,ended up at auction and they lied about first date as i would go up in person to check, and somehow items for auction were rescheduled for later date. i was not advised.i had family photos,heirlooms i can never replace...would like to get a law suit started asap. washington DC

I had a storage space actually two. I closed one 2008.they at that time had an awsome staff.stephanie management she was awsome.and her staff.then she disappeared and this Tom guy arrived. I noticed other people were short patient with him.I had my storage him from 2011-2012.he was always rude never seem to keep my current address in system for notifications.he kept acting like he did not have it. I verified all changes with post off and returns they did not concur with this man Tom.he eventually set my storage up for auction date after one prior time they put there lock on it and when removed after payment I noticed items shuffled around. I had expensive family heirlooms,very important papers by being a former police officer,and very large collection of vintage toys and dollhouse.all to be sold,as he told me originally on 1/19/2011,but by me going past checking that date was cancelled I was not! Notified to 1/23/2012in which I could have paid. And storage tripled what owed for only two months behind...I have other info/evidence which I prefer to keep for civil trial. Long story short. They lied about not having my correct address for notifications on purpose because of what great things they saw in my storage while going thru. And I never received my personal items...papers,sic sec cards,police repositories etc.as defined by the highest aux.bidder is required to do.I have photos of all my items in the storage the way I arranged them I am seeking legal counsel for civil suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/extra-space-storage/washington-Dist-of-Columbia-20011/extra-space-storage-had-my-stuff-stored-here-from-2009-2012-never-had-a-priblem-until-a-m-1083067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on extra space storage