Complaint Review: Extreme Fitness Dunfield

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Chantal — Toronto Ontario Canada
Extreme Fitness Dunfield
110 Eglinton Ave East Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Extreme Fitness Dunfield Andrew Wolfish Promise of a free trial will actually cost about $420 Toronto, Ontario

*Author of original report: Blocked emails...how professional

I have been dealing with this same issue for 5 months now. I tried a free 10 day trial and cancelled on day 5. They said I needed to cancel my personal training first and I did, then my  follow-ups from the membership department and the GM Andrew went unanswered.
1 month later membership emailed me and asked why I was cancelling he thought I'd said they had excellent service. I had mentioned we'd been discussing my cancellation for a month now and it should have been done. I then saw a charge
for $163 on my credit card and was told it had been too late to stop payment but it would go toward my membership cost. I mentioned I should no longer have a  membership and was told "that's for you to deal with with that department".

The next 2 months I was charged $73 on my credit card. 3 months later the $162 was refunded and a month later I had to call and ask why the other 2 charges hadn't yet been refunded and threatened to go to the BBB. I was told it was a different department that dealt with that...one month later and still no refund...

I called head office accounts payable and left a message...2 weeks later (i'd sent emails to the GM Andrew Wolfish as well) I finally received a response and he claimed he had spoken to  accounts payable and tried to return my call (no missed calls or messages on my voice mail. A week later $73 was reimbursed.

I haven't even mentioned how I sent PDF files (30 pages) of emails sent to them as well as my bank statement to prove they were wrong.

Today I e-mailed asking where my last refund was and why it wasn't added with the other (I inserted a copy of my bank statement showing the transactions again). I was told 2 people had looked at my file and seen that the charge bounced back. I told Andrew it had been 5 months and I was getting extremely frustrated and was considering legal action at this point and also informed him I was posting this on here as well as a few other sites. Suddenly 5 minutes later (all other checks etc...took DAYS or WEEKS) they saw that yes indeed they had charged me. I will now apparently have a refund by Friday which
is incredible considering the first time I asked for my money back I was told it would take weeks.

Never again will I fall for this...never mind the overdraft and interest charges on my credit card because I wasn't expecting these charges. A total of 428 was taken from my card. I'm a Goodlife fitness member now...couldn't be happier.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-Fitness-Dunfield/Toronto-Ontario-/Extreme-Fitness-Dunfield-Andrew-Wolfish-Promise-of-a-free-trial-will-actually-cost-about-989963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme Fitness Dunfield

Blocked emails...how professional

AUTHOR: Chantal - (Canada)

Just an update...

As I did not see any funds put back on my card this morning as promised I followed up with Andrew only to get a bounce back saying my email had been blocked. I've emailed him from another account now.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC