Complaint Review: Extreme Fitness

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: Khaled — Toronto Ontario Canada
Extreme Fitness
80 Bloor Street West Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Extreme Fitness Their ad is for $6/month with 'No Obligatory' month to month membership. Scammed into a year's contract Toronto, Ontario

I have a situation with Extreme Fitness Club. I came to the club based on an ad that says the fees are $6/month for the first 2 months and with "No Obligation' month to month membership. I was told verbally by the Sales Manager, Tristan Richardson, that there is no obligatory contract, and that I can cancel the membership at any time. Since I planned to move out of Canada I signed the membership contract accordingly, because he told me I can cancel at anytime.

Last week I tried to cancel the membership because I am moving out of Canada next month for a long while. After finally going to the club, the manager told me that I signed a contract, and there is a clause in the contract that says I have to pay 11 months. I was basically tricked into this. He didn't disagree, but he told me that he could do me a favour and cancel the membership if I bring him an airline ticket that I'm leaving Canada! After long arguments, I went to the club again and got him my airline ticket. He told me that the return ticket is in 6 months, so he will only freeze my membership (even though the contract says 4 months is the maximum freezing time). He also told me that if it was 7 months, ONLY THEN he can cancel the membership..  if only!! He refused to cancel my membership.

Basically I was mislead by their advertisement, and I was told verbally that I can cancel my contract at any time, but the truth is they refuse to do so. And, if I cancel the credit card payments they are going to send me to a collection agency and ruin my credit history. I am scammed and couldn't get out of it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-Fitness/Toronto-Ontario-/Extreme-Fitness-Their-ad-is-for-6month-with-No-Obligatory-month-to-month-membership-753510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme Fitness