Complaint Review: Eye Doctor Optical Outlet

• Updated: Fri, January 03, 2014

• Reported By: Anomaly — sanford Florida
Eye Doctor Optical Outlet
251 Towne Center Cr Space M-11 sanford, Florida USA

Eye Doctor Optical Outlet Coating coming off my prescription sunglasses sanford Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Optical Outlets response

DON'T USE THEM!!! I went into optical outlet in Sanford FL to get my sunglasses repaired or replaced do to the fact the coating on the lenses were chipping off after one year. I was told by a sales associate that if the glasses are left in the car the coating will come off. I didn't know what to say at first cause I just payed over $200 for the top of the line glasses with glare reduction and everything.

I replied " let me get this right I was sold sun glasses that can't handle the sun, we live in Florida?" I was completely floored by her response of yes. I was then told that if I wanted to replace them it would cost me an additional $199.97 I said I'm not paying that then she said well $149.97 and that's the best they can do.

I've never heard of such a thing in my life they have a garbage product and customer service. They obviously know their product is garbage and that's why they refuse to replace them I suggest you do yourself a favor and don't use this company they will RIP YOU OFF!!. I am military and if I can't leave these glasses in the car then I can't have them when I go to over seas were the temperature goes well over 100 degrees. This company sell a product that they know is defective and will refuse to exchange or refund you money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eye-Doctor-Optical-Outlet/sanford-Florida-32771/Eye-Doctor-Optical-Outlet-Coating-coming-off-my-prescription-sunglasses-sanford-Florida-1112585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eye Doctor Optical Outlet

Optical Outlets response

AUTHOR: Logan Wilson - ()

My name is Logan Wilson, district manager for Eye Doctor's Optical Outlets. I would first like to apologize for the issues you are having with your sunglasses, we do not intentionlly provide defective products. I would like to point out we stand behind our products for 1 year, your glasses were purchased 2/7/2012, almost 2 years ago. The price that was provided to you to replace the glasses is a 25% discount off the sale price. I feel that is a very fair price. Please feel free to contact us for any furthur questions or concerns. Thank you.