Complaint Review: EyeGlass World / Laser Vision Institute

8150 leesburg pike vienna, Virginia United States of America
  • Phone: 703 734 6030
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

EyeGlass World / Laser Vision Institute Dr. Anthony Roberts Did not properly screen me for laser vision surgery vienna , Virginia

I had prk vision surgery in November of 2009. I went to Laser Vision Institute in Vienna Virginia to get checked out. They told me I was a perfect candidate for PRK surgery. They never warned me of my large pupil and slight preexisting dry eye condition. I was also had very bad eyes which made me more of a risk for surgery. The laser Surgeon never even spoke to me about the real risks with PRK.  I trusted the Laser Vision Institute and wen t ahead with PRK. This was the worst mistake of my life. The surgery left me with severe dry eyes. I can no longer drive at nigh due to ghosting/halos and starbursts from other lights. MY eyes hurt all the time and my day vision in the right eye had regressed and is very poor. The pain I feel all day every day has made me suicidal. Nothing helps. I have to use ey drops every 5 minutes just to somewhat function. The ability to drive at night was huge blow. I am only 32 years old and now I am unable to work and lost my career. When things started going badly with my eyes DR. Anthony Roberts looked at me very coldly and said that I had signed a consent. He show no concern at all for me. It took every once of my self control not to be violent. He did not care. I was nothing but a dollar bill to him and when things went badly he wrote me off. He has ruined my life. I hope that for $2500 he sleeps well at night knowing that a persons life has been destroyed. Please I hope people never go to this butcher.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2010 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EyeGlass-World-Laser-Vision-Institute/vienna-Virginia-/EyeGlass-World-Laser-Vision-Institute-Dr-Anthony-Roberts-Did-not-properly-screen-me-for-549042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EyeGlass World / Laser Vision Institute