Complaint Review: eyeglass world

• Submitted: Fri, July 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2012

• Reported By: John Knaggs — Grand Rapids Michigan United States of America
eyeglass world
2735 28th Street Southeast Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America
  • Phone: 616-974-2020
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

eyeglass world Crappy Priduct, Crappy Service Grand Rapids, Michigan

I've been buying name-brand contact lenses from this place for four years now and you can bet I won't be coming back. Here's why they suck:

I decided to try to save a little money (though they were still pretty pricey) and try out Eyeglass World's house-brand contact lenses as an alternative to my normal brand. So I go in there and get a $60 eye exam, and pay upfront for a three-month supply of whatever contact lenses they call their house brand (they had a great deal for me!). After opening my last box only two weeks after I got them (and spending six hours trying to extract one from my skull when it rolled back there because it wouldn't stay in place) I figured I'd just go back to my regular brand (they were supposed to last three months, not two weeks).

On the morning I'd cracked my last box, one fell out in the shower. I decided to go in there that day and order my usuals, but would need a replacement set until they arrived.

Okay. You don't want to refund me for crappy lenses (of the three month supply, I had only one left anyway) fine. I tried something new to save a few bucks and it didn't work. But to treat me like I got treated when I went back in there is rediculous and I don't know how you guys stay in business with such horrible customer service. I am the General Sales Manager at an auto dealership down the street, and would put any of my salespeople on the street in a heartbeat if they treated anyone, much less a paying customer the way I was treated at Eyeglass World.

I went in there like usual, to place an order for a three month supply of my name-brand lenses that don't suck. No problem, they order them up and take my money without a quip. Then I told the lady I needed a pair of spares until they came in. She told me that she wouldn't sell me another pair of crappy contacts until I had an eye exam (according to her records I hadn't had one in a year and 6 days even though I'd just had one a few weeks ago) because I was overdue. No "you say you just had one? let me look a little further," no "lets set up another apointment in the future and buy these in the meantime," no "I see in the past four years that your prescription has never changed so I'll sell you a spare set until the other ones you ordered with NO PROBLEMS come in", not even a "let me talk to my manager because there might be a problem with our records" nothing. She wouldn't even tell me who the manager was so I could scream at him/her myself.

Eyeglass lady, you seem to have garbage record keeping software so I can understand you having lost my most recent eye exam. Even disregarding that irritating oversight, can't you tell my my record that my prescription has never changed and six days past a year probably isn't going to put me in a coma??

Maybe it's you that needs the eye exam. But if you get contacts, don't get the house brand, because those are aweful too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2012 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eyeglass-world/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49512/eyeglass-world-Crappy-Priduct-Crappy-Service-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-911595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eyeglass world