• Report: #1132013

3450 E. Main Street Farmington, New Mexico USA
  • Phone: (505)326-7800
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Eyemart Express-Walmart Vision Center-Sky View Eye Care Could clearly see my checkbook to write check for glasses, but written warranty is hidden from view. Farmington New Mexico

When I dialed 325-7070 I expected to hear Walmart Vision Center.  Instead I was greeted with the reply Sky View Eye Care.  Afterwards, I looked up Sky View Eye Care in the phone book, they have the same number.

Walmart Vision Center/Sky View Eye Care and Dr. Barnes Eye Mart Express are under the same roof, with a open area between the two.  I assumed that since Walmart/Sky View share the same number and they shared the same area with EyeMart that they were all one in the same, with the same business ethics and warranties.

After the eye appointment we were handed the paper work and told to go right over there (pointing to Eye Mart Express) and they'd take care of us.  They did take care of us to the amount of $406 dollars for one pair of glasses.  With good insurance we still had to pay $201.92, which I think is alittle high.

The tech explained the warranty to us.  For the next 12 months if the glasses were scratched or damaged they"d replace them. They'd also replace them if he didn't like the way his vision was with them.  They'd replace them until he was satisfied with how he saw the world.

When we went to pick the glasses up, after the fitting, they were ready to send us out the door.  John asked if he could have a copy of the warranty.  She looked totally surprised by the question.  Like she had never been asked that before.  Surely she had.  She informed us they do not have a written copy of the warranty, but that they would replace the glasses for the reasons she'd stated before.

Knowing the check had already cleared our bank (so much for same day service) it was too late to ask her for her copy of the check back so we could deduct the fifty dollars we paid for the warranty.  They say hind sight is 20/20, guess they're right.  Just ask any customer of Walmart/Sky View/Eye Mart Express.

Since he is not satisfied with how he see's out of the glasses I guess we will find out first hand whether the fifty dollars we paid for the warranty is exactly as they said or if they just scamed us again.  The first time being for the cost of the glasses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyemart-Express/Farmington-New-Mexico-87402/Eyemart-Express-Walmart-Vision-Center-Sky-View-Eye-Care-Could-clearly-see-my-checkbook-to-1132013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyemart Express