Complaint Review: Eyemasters Of Conroe TX

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 03, 2008

• Reported By:Conroe Texas
Eyemasters Of Conroe TX
2956 I-45 N. Suite #700 Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 936-441-1215
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Eyemasters Of Conroe TX Eyemasters of deception Conroe Texas

*UPDATE Employee: I am sorry for your experience...

I went to this office to have my Rx filled, I was greated by the store manager who told me that they had a special for 2pairs of glasses with lenses for $99.00. I was told that if I could have my Rx to them by Noon, I could have my glasses the same day. I went back the next day because I needed to check the competitors prices and found this to be a good deal. When I returned is when the lies stated to flow!

The $99.00 price was for anyone without insurance, and only covered frames that were $69.95 or less, also only plastic lenses were included. So when I told them I had insurance the prices started to rise needless to say two pairs of glasses (because I had insurance) would cost me $499.86. I was already in their database as an insurance pay (they told me that they had to contact the insurance company to see how much my benifits would pay) so I no longer qualified for the 2 for $99 sale. I ordered glasses (2 pairs) and was told that would not be ready for 3 days, after being told by the store manager they would be ready in 4-6 hrs.

I got my glasses two days later and they were totaly screwed up. I could see thru them if I kept my eyes looking stright and didnt look to the left or right. They (Eyemasters) blaimed my eyes and the eye doctor. Rather a stupid statement since the Optomitrist had a Phd and was an MD for many years. I was now told that the glasses had to be sent to another facility to be produced and would not be ready for up to 14 days.

After waiting 14 days I was told another couple of days would be needed, since I need the galsses to see anything and being feed-up with their lame excuses I asked for a refund. I was told that I could only get a company check and It would take 2 to 3 weeks and only after I spoke to some Corporate Manager who was on vacation. The manager of the Store was such a wuss he would'nt even speak to me and walked away and into the lab (No Admittence).

Take a tip from me (I have been a Customer Service Manager for over 20 Years) If you value your Eyesight and pocketbook, "DON'T BUY FROM EYEMASTER!!!! I still do not have a refund of my purchase.

J. bergstrom
Conroe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyemasters-Of-Conroe-TX/Conroe-Texas-77303/Eyemasters-Of-Conroe-TX-Eyemasters-of-deception-Conroe-Texas-333547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyemasters Of Conroe TX

I am sorry for your experience...

AUTHOR: Marie - (U.S.A.)

Hello, my name is Marie & I am a Retail Manager for Eyemasters at the Highland Village location. I have also been an RM at the Panama City, FL, Willowbrook Mall & Katy locations. It sounds like you had a really terrible experience, and I would like to say from the bottom of my heart just how sorry I am to hear of it...The promotion is for frames priced at $69.95 or lower and also single vision basic plastic lenses. Although, if you find a frame that is a non-designer frame over that price you can just pay the difference in cost. Also, if you have a bifocal (lined) the starting price is 50 more. If you are looking for a no-line bifocal, then your price will start a little higher (for a quality lens).

It sounds to me like you did have a progressive, because you mentioned that you could not see in the left or the right. The way a progressive lens is designed is so that you have a clear channel in the center of the lens for clarity at all distances; however, there is some peripheral distortion and the lower the cost for the lens the more distortion you will get. Think of it like a computer. You can buy something to just get you buy or you can buy something to help you with your business. Your needs will dictate the type of purchase you will make. In turn, your prescription may call for a thinner, lighter weight material or non-glare coating; however, that is not to say that you cannot buy the item that will just get you by. As with any marketing technique, you advertise the least expensive item you have available; however, that particular item will not necessarily fit every client that walks in the door. If you paid with a check then you would have to receive the funds in the form of a check. Likewise, if you paid with a credit card then you would have to receive the funds back on the same exact card.

Unfortunately, with all of the internal theft going around I believe Eyemasters changed their refund policies to ensure that your funds are not improperly allocated to someone else's bank account.

I am sure you have heard about the one bad apple spoiling the remaining ones....

In reference to processing, not all labs are equipped equally. Therefore, not every job can be processed immediately. In addition, any jobs that were received prior to your visit also have to be processed prior to your job.

The company promises 10 days on the receipt for "special orders"; however, on occasion the job can take around 14 days. This should have been explained to you in detail, and I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I would just like to say that I respect your concerns, and also inform you that not every Eyemasters is the same.

Have a wonderful day & I hope you will give our company a second chance.

By the way, you could have used the in-store promotion in lieu of your insurance; however, it sounds as if you did pay a reasonable price for two pairs of glasses with progressive lenses (assuming that is what you paid for).