Complaint Review: fairwinds credit union

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: charles — winter springs Florida United States of America
fairwinds credit union
1475 Tuskawilla Rd Winter Springs, FL 32708 winter springs, Florida United States of America

fairwinds credit union has practically robbed me out of $385 by unfairly charging me with overdraft fees winter springs, Florida

*General Comment: Ok "Charles" I am confused.

*Author of original report: for Iamgood, and stupid

*General Comment: Susan, you need to go back to School Dear

*Consumer Comment: Owner of company?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: jim/iamgood

*Author of original report: Just stop you ignorant s**t

*General Comment: Meme/Charles

*Consumer Comment: Dear Mema...

*Consumer Comment: Iamgood

*General Comment: God, I have finally met the most stupid person on the internet

*Author of original report: GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F****** HEAD!

*General Comment: I may not be able to spell, but I can do one thing you CAN'T DO

*Author of original report: To all rebuts..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It would seem...

*General Comment: Mema, you are as clueless as Charles

*Consumer Comment: Another Opinion?

*Consumer Comment: And Here We Have...

*Consumer Comment: Another Opinion

*Author of original report: your opinion is invalid

*General Comment: hey OP, you are a Clueless idiot

*Author of original report: Let Me Make This Clear

*General Comment: Dont Assume.

*Consumer Comment: Not above the law

*General Comment: to the previous enabler who replied to my post

*Consumer Comment: Illegal

*Consumer Comment: The Epitome of Laziness

*Consumer Comment: Not above the law

*General Comment: This all depends on what type of transaction it was

Fairwinds Credit Union charged me with over 385 dollars of over draft fees, putting me in debt of over $207. Looking at my online transactions there were back to back overdraft fees, but no indication of why or where they were charging them from clearly.

Under new ruling by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System as of August 15,2010 for existing bank accounts, I would have had to opt in to receive overdraft fees, which i did NOT. Idid not know of this ruling until told of it by my family.

Fairwinds had absolutely no right to charge me the amount they did, they were supposed to cut me off before i was to overdraft, they did NOT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fairwinds-credit-union/winter-springs-Florida-32708/fairwinds-credit-union-has-practically-robbed-me-out-of-385-by-unfairly-charging-me-with-1021076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fairwinds credit union

#1 General Comment

Ok "Charles" I am confused.

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

On 3/1 your post said you went to the bank, and talked to them for an hour, and they admitted they were wrong for charging you the fees when they should have just denied the transactions instead.  Does that sound right?

They never said they screwed up on the balance of your account, and that when the transactions made it to the bank, there was not  the money there to pay the debit, or atm purchase, does that sound right??

Now on 3/4 your post said the Bank called you TODAY, and apologized to you for charging you the fees, and that they are returning the fees withdrawn to you.  So what was it, was it 3/1 that this about face happened or 3/4???    YOUR WORDS NOT MINE.

Now we get back to the basis of the comments that I made, were that you NEVER should have used your debit card when you did not have the money in the account.  Just because there were "Pending " transactions that the bank did not know about, so hence "You" didnt know about them holds no water, because if you kept a check regisiter, then when you went out that day to use your debit card, you would have seen, and said "OH poop, i only have 20.00 in my account, and I am trying to buy a 22.00 book, and you would never have made the transaction).  But you looked at your bank balance on the on line service at your Credit union, and it said you had 45.00, because a 25.00 transaction you made earlier was not showing up at the bank.  They had no idea you had that transaction out there, but you Did, you forgot, but you know you did, and if you had written it down in your CHECKBOOK REGISITER then you would have known, and you would not have made those debit transactions.

So Just admit it, you SHOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use your debit card when you dont have money to pay the transaction, and that the ONLY WAY you are going to know if you have the money or not, is to KEEP A CHECK BOOK REGISITER.

All you people out there reading this post, PLEASE REMEMBER KEEP A CHECK BOOK REGISITER, AND YOU WILL  NOT BE WRITING A RIP OFF REPORT BLAMING THE BANK FOR ROBBING YOU TOO.

for Iamgood, and stupid

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

I will just let you know lil IAMGood that bank called me today and let me know that they screwed up and they reimbursed me all overdraft fees and apologized to me. So Iamgood Shut the f**k up because you obviously are stuck in your two-cent, witless, ignorant imaginary land. I am writing this one last statement because there is no more point to argue with someone as immature as you when i am going to go straight to the NCUA with my concerns. I usually wouldnt say something like this but  i hope you have a great life and by that i look forward to reading your posts on here when you go into debt up to your wildest imagination because you got screwed over by your bank. So to all of you pests who, like Iamgood and Jim goodluck with life, you will need it seeing as some like Iamgood believe they are like the messiah and have to knowledge and power to defend the people of the world. I for one am so happy not to be one of those people because someone with your talent to be a complete a**, will lead those people straight to damnation.

#3 General Comment

Susan, you need to go back to School Dear

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Susan, it is very obvious you cannot read.

No Where on any of these posts does Jim, or IAMGood claim to be owner of the company.  The one who tagged herself as Owner Of the Company was Mema, or MeMe, or MeMU, or what  ever.  So in the future before you come out, and start your tirad, you should read the posts a bit more carefully. Heh?

So before you get yourself confused, neither myself or Jim work for this bank/credit union.  I dont even keep my money there.  Further, I know how to reconcile my check book, and to avoid bouncing checks, or getting my ATM card declined.

"Charles" this message is for you, you keep going back on this reoccuring theme, that "it doesnt matter if you bounce checks, or tried to use your debit cards with not enough money in it", as it does matter..  did you know in most States, trying to carry out a financial transaction knowingly not having enough funds in the account is "Theft by Check"???/

So "Charles", it does matter, so get this through your thick ugly brainless head that as long as you keep missing the point, I will keep responding to this thread.  My advise to you is to no longer respond to my insults, as you have no defense, and you will just keep having more insulting responses thrown your way, until you f inally admit you were in the wrong for not keeping better track of your money.

Sincerely,
I Am Good
defender of the right and honest people all over the world.

Owner of company?

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Jim, up until now you have been claiming you have no affiliation with the bank. Now you claim to be the owner? As the owner, or one of the owners, since credit unions are member owned, you should have a little knowledge of customer service. Wouldn't it be more in your best interest to make this customer happy, rather than bad mouth them? I don't understand businesses that think they can get away with treating their customers this way.

As an observer, i see this is not the only complaint against your bank. You should do some serious house cleaning and the board members should see about replacing you as well.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

jim/iamgood

Your a fool.

Just stop you ignorant s**t

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

What you are blind to keep seeing is that IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT I OVERDREW MY ACCOUNT! I was wrongly charged you dip-sh*t. the opt in rule means i must agree to overdraft fees which i never did. so leave me the hell alone you annoying little pr*ck.

#7 General Comment

Meme/Charles

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

I am beginnng to suspect that you two are the same person.  I want to make my position clear ONE MORE TIME for the unwashed, uneducated masses out there.

When Charles/Meme come out on a NATIONAL forum like this one, and accuse a financial institution of being "Banksters", and "Robbing Them", they just cry out to have the spot light shone on them, which is just what I am doing.

Actually, when idiots like Charles/Meme bounce checks, and try to spend money they dont have that causes a drain on the financial instutition because they have to stop , and process the transaction by hand, but hey, the liberals in congress went out there and forced the banks to stop allowing automatic overdrafting , and the subsequent fees that were charged.

Because of this, the banks started making others start paying higher monthly fees, that once , were not charged to us.  So thanks Charles/Meme for all your help.

CHARLES/MEME I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ONE MORE TIME, STOP TRYING TO USE YOUR DEBIT CARD WHEN YOU DONT HAVE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT.  WHEN YOU GO TO THE VENDOR, AND THEY REFUSE YOUR TRANSACTIONS, OTHERS IN LINE BEHIND YOU SUFFER, BECAUSE WE HAVE TO WAIT ON Y O U.

Read further how Banks. and Credit Unions are now getting rid of dead weight like you, because you dont leave enough of a balance in your account for them to even attempt to count on your money to lend out to others.  Remember a Bank is in business to make a profit, and to pay it's employees, not serve as a temporary wallet for you to store your money till you spend it all.

Most banks require a 50.00 min deposit to open up a checking account to begin with, but of course I dont think Charles/Meme have even seen 50.00 in a long , long time.

SO HA HA  HA HA HA HA HA HA.  BOTH OF YOU JELLY BEANS ARE BAFOONS

Dear Mema...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

In case you haven't realized it, this site is an "OPEN" site and ANYBODY can post here.  If you don't like that because people post things contrary to your line of "thinking", then there are plenty of open seats on aircraft bound for Havanna.  Raul Castro's government would welcome you.  I'm sure you won't me missed among your circle of people you interact with regulary since you are probably such a "joy" to be around!  Some come on Mema...there are planes leaving Miami everyday.  In less than an hour you can land at Jose Marti Airport and be in your dreamworld where you can tell people what to say and what not to say!

Iamgood

AUTHOR: Mema - (United States of America)

Why do you care?  What business is it of yours and why do you fill these pages up with your ugly attitude.  Whether Charles screwed up or the bank I seriously don't understand why you should care one way or the other.  You need to get a life because you are too concerned about other peoples business.  Is this really so important to you that you will spend all day responding to other peoples problems?

That reflects on all the problems you have personally.  It isn't good.  Again whether Charles screwed up or the bank, I have my own complaints about Fairwinds Credit Union and since it remains we are on a sight for ripoff reports unless you can advocate that Fairwinds Credit Union has done you some great service or has ripped you off, you don't belong here.  You are being of no service to Fairwinds Credit Union by a long shot.

#10 General Comment

God, I have finally met the most stupid person on the internet

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Gawd, I have finally met the most STUPID person on the internet, and his name is "CHARLES".

Charles, you have missed the point here.  You NEVER would have had these transactions charged to you, if you had not have made purchases on your debit card, OR Atm card without money in your account.

Only a MF IDIOT like you , thinks well I gonna keep using my Debit Card until the bank stops honoring the transactions, before I quit using the card.

But OH Well, I am going to take this post, and send it off to the Darwinisim Award, and have you awarded the Darwinisim Award for 2013.

I dont give a RATS A$$ if the bank should not have charged you those fees.  YOU NEVER, NEVER , NEVER should have attempted to use your ATM or Debit card without knowing you had the money in your account.

That is the real issue here, not those FRICKEN FEE'S.

I dont think this is the first time this you have had a transaction denied for lack of funds, and I KNOW it will not be the last.  Evetually The Credit Union will close your account, and hold your funds until they are sure that all checks and debit and credit transactions have cleared, and a month later they will give you back your money.

Like I Said IDIOT A$$, CLOSE THIS FRICKEN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE BANK CLOSES IT FOR YOU.

AND NEXT TIME REALIZE THAT THIS WHOLE SITUATION WAS ALL YOUR FAULT, BECAUSE YOU NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SHOULD HAVE USED THE CARD WITHOUT KNOWING THERE WAS MONEY IN THE Account.

$HIT, "Charles", how does your brain even generate enough power to help you move those fat a** legs of yours???

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F****** HEAD!

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

no matter how anyone manages their checkbook, the banks can not charge me overdraft fees!!! I would have had to of agreed to it! Which I never ever did!!! You are so ignorant and blind!!! The point of this all is that I was wrongly charged and not how I keep a ledger you dumb-f***!

#12 General Comment

I may not be able to spell, but I can do one thing you CAN'T DO

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Charles, as the title suggests, I may  not be able to spell, but I can do one thing you CANNOT DO, and that is balance a check book.

No sugar coating, no explaining away that they dropped the fees, NOTHING will wipe away the fact that  you tried to spend money you did not have, and then try to blame it on the bank, saying transactions went through that you were not aware of.

Actually the Credit Union did you a favor when they paid the transactions, and saved you the embarressment of  being told by the Merchant "Gee I am sorry Charles, the bank declined this transaction.  Do you have another form of payment?", while several impatient people are waiting behind you to pay for their purchases.

When you learn how to add, and subtract, and learn how to use a pen, and start writing  your checks, and debit card, and atm transactions down in your CHECKBOOK REGISTER, then maybe people like me will stop making insulting comments about you.

You had to waste 1 hour of your time, plus transit time, and gas to the Credit Union just to go down there, and  get them to reimburse fee's to you.  Well, this could have all been avoided if you just BALANCED YOUR CHECKBOOK, each and every Day.

Nothing will change the fact that the reason you got "ROBBED" to begin with, was that you are too STUPID to keep track of your own money.

Perhaps you should close your account with FairWinds, and just start paying your bills with money orders, and when you buy from merchants, pay with cash.  This way you dont have to worry about having money in your account.  If you dont have money in your wallet, then you cannot go out and spend any money.  Enough Said, I hope most of the people out there who take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for them selves will see what I am saying, because the OPINION of someone who cannot keep his own finances in check, has no bering with ME any way!!!!

To all rebuts..

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

I went in today to discuss my account with the branch manager, we went over all the fees and purchases. It became clear that under the rules of the federal system that it does not matter whether me or anyone else were to overdraft, the purchases should have been declined and or if the purchase went through (having to be a small purchase for this to happen) the bank is NOT to charge an overdraft fee but only what was remains of the purchase (ie. if i go to target and spend $10 and i only have $5 i will be negative $5 in my account)

THE POINT IS NO MATTER WHAT THE PURCHASES WERE I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CHARGED OVERDRAFT FEES BECAUSE I DID NOT OPT IN OR AGREE TO OVERDRAFT FEES

so all of you people claiming me to be an adolescent and the others to be idiots or unintelligent...
check yourself because you don't know how to spell worth a s**t and your rebuts are pointless seeing as the point of my complaint is that I NEVER OPTED IN(agreed) FOR OVERDRAFT FEES therefore, i was wrongly charged over $350. end of story. I don't care who you are, or what you do for a living, i spent an hour in an office discussing facts and the fact is that you have to agree to overdraft fees for the banks to charge an overdraft fee or else its on them.

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It would seem...

AUTHOR: Mema - (United States of America)

No one would defend a company and be nasty like you if you didn't work for Fairwinds Credit Union.  I don't understand as a viewer of complaints you would care one way or the other.  The fact is they ripped me off for $415.00 but they were wrong, what a surprise!  I went to the bank about it, or excuse me, the credit union and when they responded with the same attitude as you I filed a complaint with the NCUA.  Needless to say and without going into my private situation, I won and they had to eat $415.oo that they stole or tried to steal from me.  Worse they lost me as a customer but as I see it if they really wanted me or Charles there for a customer they wouldn't have stolen our money and treated us badly.  You go on defending them in all your names.  You are only making it worse for them and a fool of yourself.  Fairwinds Credit Union steals from their customers and then loses them and they employ fools such as yourself. The future for you and them doesn't look good.

#15 General Comment

Mema, you are as clueless as Charles

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Mema, have you taken your meds today?  What gives you the idea that I work for the credit  union, and are posting under different names?  Seriously, do you chase after black helicoptors at night, thinking they are following you?

Charles, if you kept a check book register, and marked down EVERY transaction you ever made, it would not matter if the bank showed it or not, because your balance would have been the balance as YOU know it, and you would not have used your debit card without funds.  PERIOD.  There is no excuse for you at all.

But hey if you think you have a case against the CU, go ahead and sue.  It will come out in court that they had the right to charge you, but hey what can i say?

You and Mema, always blame someone else for your own problems.  The problem with this society is having people like you living in it who always BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR OWN DUMB S**T MISTAKES!!!

Another Opinion?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Hillarious..it only took a few posts before the "employee" accusation came up.  As for the people posting here being only one person who is actually an employee of the Credit Union..IF you actually took a look around this site you would realize how stupid that makes you look.

The fact is that they are trying to explain why Charles may in fact be wrong(yea I know what a shock).  Where it is NOT the banks responsibility to manage his account it is HIS.   They have also explained why the Standard Overdraft Protection may still be in effect.

So as to his "complaint".  When this regulation went into effect many banks and Credit Unions went into "advertising" mode where they would send out pamphlets, advertisements for the changes in laws.  Where they would have you actually "opt-in".  So if the OP did this and like most people never read what they are signing..then he did in fact "opt-in".  Other than that the OP has to realize that On-Line banking was NEVER meant to be the sole method of account management, for the exact reasons mentioned.  It is very possible that transactions he made were not submitted by the merchant and so he was continually allowed to be "approved" because as far as the CU was concerned he still had the money.  This is why the best thing a person can use to manage THEIR account is using a Written Register.

Also, as a side note it is February 2013...we have no idea how many times this guy has OD in the past 2 1/2 years, but if this was some huge conspiracy of the Credit Union to just get more fees..how would those people explain that this is the first time he has gotten one?  We also have no idea of where these fees came from..how many fees were there..is he including the actual negative balance?

Now, of course I know I might as well be talking to a Brick Wall in posting this, but hopefully if someone else reads this report they will have more of an open mind and may actually learn something.  By the way..for all we know if you want to play the "Well you are only one person" game then "Mema" for all we know you are actually "Charles"..after all this entire site is anonymous.

And Here We Have...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Now look closely everyone...this Mema, Moma or whatever him or her calls themselves clearly has NO INTELLIGENT rebuttal to add. They know this. How does he or she respind? "You must work for them." Its the typical sorry low IQ response because they do not have the brainpower to carry on any intelligent discussion. Now back to Sweet Charlie Baby. It seems like his REVISED story is what overdrew his account are unexplained debits he says he did not make. Ok, then what does the CU say those debits are for? Surely they know who received the funds and since its your account you have the right to know who your money is being paid too. Don't deal with a teller over the phone because its easy to get rid of you. Go IN PERSON and ask for a manager and get a list of who received those funds.

Another Opinion

AUTHOR: Mema - (United States of America)

First of all let me say Charles that I know exactly how you feel.  I have myself had unprofessional responces with Fairwinds and in fact had no choice but to report them to NCUA because frankly they give a bad name to Credit Unions.  There really are some good ones out there.  Now this character you are dealing with here is one person posing as two or three.  He is an ignorant employee of fairwinds, how do I know this?  He has the same hostile and condesending attitude as their other employees.  For myself they ripped me off and not in these words but more with the attitude said 'the government has tided our hands and now we will take it out on our customers'.  The ugliness of this one person under several names is indeed an employee of Fairwinds Credit Union and his speech is that of those that are out there at least where you can deal with them face to face.  In this day and age no one would defend any company unless they were paid to do so.  And to be honest if Fairwinds didn't get so many complaints I think this JOE would be nice, but he has had to face the fact that the company is doing bad things to their customers and it is showing in his name calling attitude.  I know he is an employee but I bet like the rest of us is now banking elsewhere.  hahahaha

your opinion is invalid

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

Ok, let me say this so you can understand...

The online bank statements will show all purchases made, unless they are pending. this said all my purchases have cleared and i still have yet to see any of the pending items show up on my statement. With so many overdraft fees being charged against me, without any record of what they are charges for, then I feel it necessary to file this report. Nevertheless i feel that you are a total p***k, probably some pencil pusher who has too much time on hand to come on this site and harass individuals like me. I suggest you quit now before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, the point of this report is not to read your rebuts but to state the fact that Fairwinds has wrongly charged me.

If you feel the need to make an a*s of anyone do it somewhere else. I for one will not be dumbed down to be made this adolescent who cant take care of his financial situation. Fact of the matter is you and Jim have no idea what I may be going through. I for one would never throw anyone under a bus as you have done to me.

I agree with Susan that this economy is tanking because of people like you who lack a moral and positive mind set to sustain the countries growth. Instead People like you decide to slither about and badmouth, demoralize, and condemn those who strive to establish better conditions for themselves. People Like you "I Am Good" are so conceited and full of yourself that you give this once great nation a poor name.

#20 General Comment

hey OP, you are a Clueless idiot

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

You are saying you have no idea what these transactions were, as they were not on your bank statement????  You mean ,  your on line bank statement.  It is up to you to know every single transaction made against your account, no matter what.  Other wise when you use your  bank card, you will never know how much money you actually have.

Relying on the on line bank record wont tell you any thing, because you could have made a transaction, and it wont show up on  your record for up to 4 days.  But it will still reduce your balance any way.

Now here is something you may not have thought of, huh, surprise surprise.
When you went in to use your card at starbucks for 4.00, you may have had 100.00 in your account.

You went to buy gas on that same day, and they debit 1.00 out of your account at the gas pump just to make sure the account is still open, they did not deny the card because you had 96.00 in the account, but you spent 40.00 on gas.

You went to the grocery store, and spent 90.00 on groceries, they approved the transaction because you still had 95.00 in the account.  They did not know at the time you had a transaction for 50.00 on your account, because the gas station did not send in the actual cost yet, just a 1.00 place holder pending transaction.

Now when all these transactions start hitting.  You had 100.00 , but a debit for 90.00 then a debit for 4.00, then a debit for 50.00  bam you are overdrawn, and fees start hitting you.

This could have been avoided by keeping a register, and know how much you spend.  But no, you want to have the bank keep track for you.  Well that aint gonna work dude.  you are supposed to be an adult!!!!!  It sounds like you wanted the bank to manage your money for you, and you got charged 385.00 for letting them do so.

So PERHAPS YOU SHOULD JUST CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT AND START PAYING WITH CASH, BECAUSE IT IS OBVISIOUS YOU ARE CLUELESS, AND WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY YOU CANT BE.

So you prob do owe the money, because the bank saw you actually had money when you made the transactions, and they did not deny them.  You went to places that dont submit the card transactions for a while.  TOO BAD, TOO SAD a*s HOLE!!!!

Let Me Make This Clear

AUTHOR: charles - (United States of America)

Perhaps i need to specify more clearly. I was overdrawn using only my Debit/ ATM card, therefore under the rules of the Federal Reserve System I was robbed of 385 dollars seeing as i have had an account with them for several years, existing accounts as of August 15th, 2010 are not meant to be over drafted unless opted in and seeing as i had no idea of this "opt in" rule i am filing this report. As for you're rude a*s remarks "I Am Good" you can shut your d**n mouth up, no one on this site needs your immaturity. Jim I under stand that you are looking for the account holder to be at fault but its not because of my budgeting, i had the money to cover it but the overdraft fees piled up 5 in a row for purchases i haven't a clue from what because my bank statements do not show them. So it is not MY fault so YOU can join I Am Good.

#22 General Comment

Dont Assume.

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

I asked, but you ignored that little "inconvient" fact.

As a bank would not want to face civil penalities for violating the law so with that in mind, I am pretty sure one of two things happened.

1)The CheckBook Register Challenged" Individual signed the form to opt in, and sent it in to the credit union, not  realizing what he was doing", or

2).  The CheckBook Register Challenged" Indivdual actually bounced checks, or scheduled bills to be paid automatically.

So I am still waiting for the original poster "Charles" to come forward, and tell us the facts. But in fact I think this "Charles" is actually Chuckie who set up another user name under a different city, and state.  So "Chuckie" is this you???????

This sounds like you.  See you in the funny papers LOSER!!!!

Not above the law

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

I agree that he needs to provide more details. I assumed by his complaint and his having read the rules, he was referring only to ATM/debit card transactions.

#24 General Comment

to the previous enabler who replied to my post

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

it is obvisious to me that you cannot read.  I posted the RULES from the Web Site of the Federal Reserve System.  It stated that only debit card transactions, and ATM transactions are subject to the Opt Out Rule.  Checks that are returned, and On Line Bill Pay are exempt, and are subject to the overdraft fees.

What part of that did you not understand?  I asked the checkbook challenged author of this complaint to tell us which type of transaction it was.  Then you pipe in with your 2 cent opinion.

As far as my comments about "Charles" not being able to balance a check book, that is an accurate statement, otherwise he would not have bounced 11 transactions.

These "Banksters", as your liberal butt likes to call the banks, are providing him a service, so that he doesnt have to keep cash in his wallet, but  "Charles" has proven that he cannot manage this.

So perhaps you and the others that keep enabling "Charles" to keep screwing up day after day after day,would actually serve "Charles" better by making him take responsibility for his actions.

Illegal

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Even if Charlie is the laziest and stupidest person on the planet, he still has to request that the bank screw him with these fees. They no longer have the legal right to do it to you without consent. No means no, all else is rape and the people that defend it are pimps and wh*res.

The bank CANNOT legally honor an ATM purchase if there are no funds in the account, UNLESS you ASK (OPT IN) them too. They have the legal obligation to keep their own books in order and be able to prove that you did opt in.

The Epitome of Laziness

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

So Charles...you are a man, right? There is no doubt this is YOUR account. Therefore its YOUR money in YOUR account. Given that criterion you have disclosed and admitted you haven't the slightest clue as to how much of YOUR money is in YOUR own account because you want the credit union to tell you when you are overdrawn? Incredible..absolutely incredible and quite laughable. The reason you don't have even the foggiest of ideas as to how much or how little YOU have in YOUR OWN account is because you don't use a check register, record each and every transaction and keep a running balance. Then if you want to use the ATM card you first check your running balance to see how much money you have in your account. Ah but poor Charlie is much too lazy to keep accurate records...it requires just too much exertion and instead he'd rather just click the mouse and get an INACCURATE balance, use the card anyway and then blame the big bad credit union for SELF GENERATED overdraft fees. This is exactly the same scenario for all these whiners about overdraft fees. They don't keep records, keep using the card despite the fact they don't know the balance and then blame the bank for their own laziness. Now, if your are eavesdropping here from the credit union, I highly suggest you start increasing those fees and increase profit. As you can see, with this mentality its like taking candy from a baby. No Charlie, you just feel free to call me whatever name which makes you feel good. Bottom line is YOU, like all the other OD fee whiners gave yourself those fees by not keeping records. By the way, I don't work for them.

Not above the law

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Sadly, it is because of  the mindset of people like "Iamgood", that the economy is in the toilet and the criminal banksters have gotten off scott free. Seems that everyone wants to give them a pass (and a bailout) when they break the law.

To the original complainant, go after them. They are not above the law. 35.00 a transaction even for a bookkeeper would be considered robbery. If this is a credit union, file a complaint with NCUA as well as the state attorney. That is all.

#28 General Comment

This all depends on what type of transaction it was

Please read the rules:

Existing accounts. If you do not opt in (agree), beginning August 15, 2010, your bank's standard overdraft practices won't apply to your everyday debit card and ATM transactions. These transactions typically will be declined when you don't have enough money in your account, but you will not be charged overdraft fees.

Further Rules
The new rules do not cover checks or automatic bill payments that you may have set up for paying bills such as your mortgage, rent, or utilities. Your bank may still automatically enroll you in their standard overdraft practices for these types of transactions

This translates to say "If the transactions that were made were debit card, or ATM Transactions, then they will just have to reject them, and charge 0 overdraft fees, but if you set up automatic bill pay, or wrote nsf checks, they can charge you the OverDraft Fees.

A Cavaet however, Customer's who consistantly have their debit card, or ATM transactions denied, the bank or credit union will eventually auto close your account, because it is obvious to them that you cannot balance a check book, and they dont want your business.  In other words when they were being paid overdraft fees to be your bookkeeper, it was worth them keeping you as a customer, but when they are no longer getting paid to keep track of your business, you arent worth it to them, and have become Dead Weight.

Considering each overdraft fee is 35.00 , you had 11 Overdraft fees.  Sir or Madam, you should really consider cashing your check every week, and putting the money under your matress, this way you can keep spending until you dont see any green paper under your pillow each morning.  That will make your simple little un educated brain much happier, cause you wont have to think any more.

SORRY IF THE TRUTH HURTS !!!! LIFE SUCKS, AND OBAMA AINT GONNA BE AROUND FOREVER TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A JOB!!!!

\