Complaint Review: Fairy Tale Wedding Store

• Updated: Mon, April 21, 2014

• Reported By: Jackie — Syracuse New York
Fairy Tale Wedding Store
2050 Beavercreek Rd Ste 101 Pmb 316 Oregon City, Oregon USA

On 01/21/14 I contacted Fairy Tale Wedding Store via email to see if I could order and receive a garter set for my daughter’s wedding prior to the end of my month.  I received a reply that very same afternoon that stated:  “Yes, we can do this for you.  I would suggest a shipping method other than ground, as we are shipping from Oregon.  Thank you, Kelly.”  On 01/22/14 I placed the order for an ivory bridal keepsake and tossing garter set ($36.49) and selected 2nd-day air shipping ($27.56) for a total cost of $64.05.  On 01/28/14 and 01/29/14 I sent emails requesting the status of the order.  No reply to either email.  On 02/03/14 I called asking for a tracking number as we were leaving the next morning.  I had to leave a message -- and got absolutely no response to my call.  Upon my return from the wedding trip on 02/16/14, I found a notice that the post office had tried to deliver a package.  Sure enough it was the garter set -- shipped on 02/10/14 via US Postal Service first-class package -- a cost of $2.32 when I had paid $27.56!!!!  One garter is entirely in ivory as requested but the other is ivory and blue -- my daughter’s colors were coral and pink because the wedding was in the tropics.  There is no return address on the package for me to return it.

I am very dismayed (1) at the total absence of customer service, (2) at not receiving the items in a timely fashion as promised, (3) that I paid for express shipping and they used regular first class mail at a profit to them of $25.24, and (4) that my daughter did not have a garter to toss at her wedding as they did not have any in the cruise line’s gift shops.  This is the first time I’ve ever had a problem with ordering something online and can’t express the depths of my disappointment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairy-Tale-Wedding-Store/Oregon-City-Oregon-97045-4301/Fairy-Tale-Wedding-Store-POOREST-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-AND-DELIVERY-PROMISES-EVER-Oregon-City-1131755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairy Tale Wedding Store