Complaint Review: Falcon Ridge Apartments

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Saritaki — Spring Texas
Falcon Ridge Apartments
4603 Cypresswood Drive Spring, Texas USA

Falcon Ridge Apartments Misrepresented condition of suite, uninhabitability due to intense levels of tobacco smoke infiltration from adjacent suites. Spring Texas

My husband and I applied to rent a unit at Falcon Ridge Apartments located in Spring, Texas.  As is standard procedure here, we were obliged to pay various fees to move in, including a non refundable application fee and "administration"  fees along with a rental deposit etc etc.  I told the nice young lady who was processing our application, that my husband and I both have medical conditions that are exacerbated by  tobacco smoke and that we need assurance that our suite would be [relatively] smoke free.  To which she responded in a vague manner stating that management does not know if tenants smoke or not, and that they are not required to ask.  She also stated to us that we should have no concerns because each suite is self contained and the likelihood of tobacco smoke migrating into our new apartment was slim at best.

We were told that we would not be allowed to view the suite we were renting until the day of move in [which I thought was odd, but apparently this is standard procedure in this area here].  Instead, we were shown a "model" of the exact suite we would be moving into and of course, everything checked out fine with it. We proceeded with our applications and the process of moving in.   On the day of move in, only then were we able to see the actual suite we rented.  When I opened the door for the first time, a virtual tsunami of stench from tobacco smoke, hit us.  The suite was literally marinating in this odor and the air was unbreathable.  Our first night in the suite was like being in a gas chamber.  The level of second hand smoke concentration was unbelieveable as  we tried desperately to get some sleep without constant gasping and coughing all night.  My poor husband who has a heart condition was gasping for oxygen and turned pale and sweaty.  I was frightened that he would have another heart attack right there.  And I who have asthma, could barely lift myself up to get to the bathroom to vomit because of the nausea brought on by.  We promptly notified the management about all this the very next morning and were told that there was nothing that could be done about it, and that there would be no special consideration or remedy for us.

We generally aren't so sensitive to tobacco smoke as might be believed.  As a matter of fact, we do have friends and family who are smokers and we aren't usually too bothered by them.  But this apartment was such an extreme case of acrid stench and bad air quality, that anyone, even smokers would not be able to stand it.  Other issues include bad maintenance of the suites and the grounds where dogs are allowed to roam off leash and defecate everywhere and owners do not clean up after them, resulting in a continuous nauseous stench in the outdoor air space.  None of their facilities ie laundry room, pool and yard areas are in any kind of sanitary condition.  If you are a reasonably clean, conservative, hardworking and honest individual BEWARE of this and all the other corporate managed apartment complexes in Spring Texas, ESPECIALLY Falcon Ridge!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Falcon-Ridge-Apartments/Spring-Texas-77379/Falcon-Ridge-Apartments-Misrepresented-condition-of-suite-uninhabitability-due-to-intens-1089174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Falcon Ridge Apartments