Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, August 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 24, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
10758 Wiles Road Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation FCCC - 1st time shame on you, 2nd time Shame on ME, 3rd time GET OUT OF THE PROGRAM! RIP OFF AND CON Coral Springs Florida

I should have known this was crooked especially when I had problems from the start. Like many, I had enrolled back in September 2005 and had funds automatically withdrawn every month on the same date. I had to pay big fee to just join the program, and also pay the $35 monthly fee. I joined in Sept. and money started to be withdrawn automatically the following month.

I then started to receive past due letters and collection calls stating that my accounts were delinquent. I didn't understand since my checking account showed they were being automatically withdrawn, and well I didn't receive any letter or any notice from FCCC stating there was a problem. Then I couldn't bare the harassing calls and threats, and I started to call FCCC.

It became a daily thing since no one answered, which I left several messages. I have sent an email to the original agency that directed to me them: financial debt solutions, sound familiar? The ones that took the initial payment, and let's just say they are not even affiliated anymore (isn't that something).

Well after several calls, faxes, and letters I was finally contacted by a representative telling me that due to the hurricane that hit they were doing their best to catch up. I had mentioned all of the fees, which I was told they will not be able to cover those and that IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY.

I had to be the one to pay the mishap that caused me hundreds of dollars and shot down my credit score. I didn't understand they were taking my money on time, and there I was being told I had to be responsible for those fees. In addition, I wasn't even given the APR rate that I was suppose to get during those months.

No here I am with the same problem of my payments are being sent late to my creditors, and on my credit report it has one of my accounts on delinquency since April? Does that make sense that the same funds were being taken out automatically on the same day, and all of a sudden it's been delinquent since April. I was only able to see this from checking my credit on free credit report dot com, which I HIGHLY advise any FCCC client!

Needless to say, my experience was nothing but difficult and negative. I was mislead based on what I was told, and signed a false contract with this company who was suppose to be helping me. I know I'm not the only victim dealing with this, and I just feel like this company is taking advantage of desperate families by taking their money along with the monthly fee of $35 just to make their clients payments late.

This agency is nothing but a con and leading their dedicated and hard working clients to having more debt even though funds are being taken out on a timely manner. My credit history has been affected tremendously with delinquent balances being 30-90 days old, and yes had my share of collections calling and threats from m creditors that I am going to be taken off their program.

I can almost guarantee that they will be nothing but a HUGE FINANCIAL PROBLEM!

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2008 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Coral-Springs-Florida-33076/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-FCCC-1st-time-shame-on-you-2nd-time-Shame-on-ME-3-366261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation