Complaint Review: family dollar

• Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: Cary — Wichita Falls Texas
family dollar
3906 old jacksboro hwy wichita falls, Texas USA

Family Dollar: District Manager Jerry Phillips, Store ManagerBeverly Isaac Family Dollar Store. Ripped me off! I filed Texas Workforce Commission complaint of stolen travel pay. wichita falls Texas

I was hired for part-time position at Iowa Park Rd.  However, I was terminated before 3 weeks before being told otherwise. I was hired to work part-time stocking position but my store manager, Tim asked me if I wanted to volunteer to help another Family Dollar store manager, Beverly Isaac  do a reset project.  Tim asked if I wanted too, I would get a bunch of hours plus overtime and travel pay, and after the project ended I would come back for him 20 hours per week.  So I said, okay I will.

So I went over to Beverly Isaac store and worked for her for 3 weeks.  Beverly hired a crew of fourteen other people to work for her resetting store shelves all over Texoma.  After the job ended I asked her where my travel pay, it's not on my pay receipt? Beverly said, "Oh it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get the Travel funds.  I had $120 of travel paid owed to me, plus $60 dollars for travel expenses for the use of my vehicle 180 miles.

After the job ended Beverly went into the system and deleted the travel pay owed to me.   My vehicle expense sheet, to get the 32 cents per mile driving my own vehicle for one day was not paid.  I called my store manager Tim and asked him why I never received my money?  Tim said, " I don't know you'll have to call Beverly and find out why your not in system, I can't schedule you for work because you're nolonger in the system.  I called Beverly back and asked her about the unpaid travel funds.  Beverly said, "It usually takes month to get the travel funds.  Then I asked her why she took me out of the system for Tim can't schedule me?  Beverly said, "Oh I fired you for causing poor productivity, you caused problems for being rude to 3 different store manager.  I told her, you got mixed up with someone else I never had he problems with 3 of the 9 different store managers where I worked in.  I said, oh Beverly if I was rude or unpleasent to any of these 3 different store manager you would have said, something before now!  The facts: This rude conduct never existed, Beverly is not telling the true for whatever reason.  I finally called the district manager Jerry Phillips to get to the bottom of all this, and asked him why I was terminated by Beverly?  He said, that wasn't the case, we gave your part-time job to another employee you never had any position within the company, you were only temporary.  You travel funds were inclusive with your hourly pay worked.  The vehicle reinbursement sheet I had for using your car was filled out in error, and I will correct that and get you 32 cents per mile.  "Oh by the way, you can reapply at another store after 90 days.  Have a nice day!  Click!!!!

Finally, 60 days later I still waiting for that $180 dollars the Family Dollar store ripped me off.  I filed Texas labor law complaint on unpaid wages.   I can't imagine how such a wealthy company with 8,000 stores would steal from it's employees.  Anyways, if you read this report maybe you skip the Family Dollar Stores and take you business to company that doesn't LIARS, Cheater, Thieves.

District Manger of Family Dollar in Texoma.  Jerry Philips (704)-619-1344 or Beverly Isaac (940) 337-5917 my former boss Tim; 940 322-1033

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/family-dollar/wichita-falls-Texas-76302/Family-Dollar-District-Manager-Jerry-Phillips-Store-ManagerBeverly-Isaac-Family-Dollar-1139362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on family dollar