Complaint Review: FAMILY MOBILE

• Updated: Tue, April 08, 2014

• Reported By: Elyne Strauss — Dixon Illinois
FAMILY MOBILE
PO BOX 3220 ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico USA

FAMILY MOBILE T-MOBILE Returned phone and tried to cancel service in Indianapolis Walmart ALBUQUERQUE New Mexico

Night before moving out-of-state, I purchased a T-Mobile phone at Walmart on 4650 S.Emerson Avenue in Indianapolis (317-783-0950). Due to lack of service in Dixon, Illinois,

I tried to return it at Dixon's Walmart who stated they didn't have service coverage here; nor, sell the phones because of it. They told me to take it back to INDY's Walmart store where I purchased it. I did so a week later and received a full refund. I gave them the entire package: phone info, number and account info was all in the box.

Later I tried to go online to see if I was still being charged and to cancel service, I called the Walmart store in INDY; but, calls were not picked up by department personnel!

Even now that I received a delinquent notice for late charge, the customer service number they give (1-877-760-8760) only works when you have phone service (number) or if you want to start service. There are no other options to talk to customer service. Their customer service does not allow me to get through without knowing my old phone number; nor, do not have a fax number, live operator, email address, web site or other way to contact them other than mailing to PO Box 3223, Albuquerque, NM 87190

So, not only was I billed for something I could not use and had great difficulty returning, I returned it within the 14-day grace period that cancels plan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAMILY-MOBILE/ALBUQUERQUE-New-Mexico-87190/FAMILY-MOBILE-T-MOBILE-Returned-phone-and-tried-to-cancel-service-in-Indianapolis-Walmart-1137297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAMILY MOBILE