Complaint Review: Family Puppies / Dave Wayne

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Illinois
Family Puppies / Dave Wayne
30868 county road 146 nappanee, Indiana USA

Family Puppies, Dave Wayne, Dave Chupp, Dave's Pups, My lovable Westies, Corinna Chupp, Fluffy paws, My beautiful Frenchies, Loy Sold a puppy that needed an operation. nappanee Indiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Family Puppies

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our Puppies and Business

I found this dog breeder on puppyfind.com, I emailed him and asked if he had a website.  He gave me his website and I looked it over.  I googled him and came up with nothing.  I called and asked what kind of training the puppy was getting.  He said the puppy was being crate trained in his garage and that his children took the dog out every day after school. The puppy was supossed to be up to date on all shots.

I drove a long way to get the dog and when I got there the first thing I noticed was a huge barn.  Coming from the barn was a lot of barking,  it sounded like there was a lot of puppies in the barn.  The puppy I was supposed to get was really 6 months old.  When I reached out to touch the puppy, he reared back and wouldnt let me. I have young children so I told the guy I couldnt take the puppy.  He seemed very upset and offered to take money off. I asked if there were any other puppies avalable and he went into the barn and brought back another puppy.

This puppy was a litte younger and didnt seem as skittish so I bought him.  He was very dirty and had feces in his fur. (The other puppy was all bathed and brushed)  The only reason I hadent bailed was because at that point I was feeling very bad for the puppies and thought at least I would be able to save one and then I would work on saving the rest from home.

When I brought him to the vet a couple days later she told me he needed a hernia repair.  She also asked what kind of toys I was giving him.  I told her I had just brought the puppy home and she said his teeth were cracked and chipped.  His teeth were supposed to be pointed and sharp and they are flat and worn down.

I noticed on the sellers website that the puppy I bought was listed a "akc" puppy.  I had not recived any paper work so I called the ACK and they asked for his name.  Thats when I realized that the name on his bussiness card is diffrent then the name he was using everywhere else.  The ACK said that he has not registered any litters since 2005 and thefore I couldnot register my puppy. I asked if he could advertise that way and she said there was nothing they could do.  I google his real name and came up with all sorts of bad information.  I would have never even contacted this man if he was using his real name Dave Chupp. I also dug around on diffrent websites like puppyfind.com and breeders.net and saw that he was working under several diffrent names. on puppyfind he had 100 puppies listed for sale under 2 diffrent names.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Puppies-Dave-Wayne/nappanee-Indiana-46550/Family-Puppies-Dave-Wayne-Dave-Chupp-Daves-Pups-My-lovable-Westies-Corinna-Chupp-F-1089334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Puppies / Dave Wayne

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Family Puppies

AUTHOR: Puppies1974 - ()

Hey Dave,Just wanted to provide an update about Savannah & Maggie the 2 cock-a-poo sister's we bought from you. They are over 6 months old now and have brought Nancy (my Sister)& I so much love, joy & fun!! We have play dates and they just love to romp, roll, jump and play. We each took our own dog to our own Vet and each Vet said they were well bred, healthy, loving dogs. They recommended to keep them on the food you started them om indicating it is the best on the market. Each has been healthy happy, & fun. This to anyone who is considering purchasing a pet from Dave in Napannee Indiana, he was the kindest seller, was patient, helpful, really loves what he does, his love for the animals is very evident. He cares for the parents and his puppies very well. You will be greatly happy with your pet purchase.Ignore the bad review, there is always 2 sides to the story. Family Pets is wonderful. We will recommend Dave to any pet owner wanting to purchase a pet!!!

I purchased Vicky a week ago, she was Isabella here. She is very smart, playful, loves people, and very loving. If you are looking to adopt, Dave is the right guy for you. Kind man and very caring.

We adopted "Mindy" now named Sadie Mae from Mr. Wayne in April 2013; she is now 14 months old. She is the absolute joy of our lives! She is the best dog! She is sweet, smart and trained very easily. I was a bit nervous when we were looking for a dog because we had two previous experiences that were not good ones. Mr. Wayne addressed my concerns and answered questions even after she came home. He assured us that she was socialized which is evident. If you are looking for a breeder that you can trust, look no further!

I give this breeder the best of reviews. I purchased Bella who is now 4 months old (birthdate March 16) and she is truly adorable. He stands up to his warranty and a very kind man. Bella has been very well adjusted and very social with everyone and very well natured. A truly great breed (Havaton) and loved by everyone who comes in contact with her.

Our 'Gracie' (female fawn frenchie) has been the biggest joy since we brought her home on June.20th from 'Family Puppies.' When we got her, she was healthy, happy and well adjusted to handling and continues to do so. What we didn't realize, was how smart she is! She is PERFECT! Absolutely adorable and entertaining. There seemed to be no adjustment needed for her when she came home with us. She never cried or skipped a beat. From the first night in her crate, she new it was her bed time place. We would definitely return to 'Family Puppies' for another or recommend to our friends and family. She knows: 'sit' 'No bite' and 'Come'
We just wanted you to know what great puppies they are. Wonderful around everyone and love us and each other. Thank you for raising ourprecious ones. We truly appreciate your hard work.
Judi

Hi Dave, Wanted to send a quick pic of Miss Nettie (her new name) on her bed of pillows. She is adorable and we are enjoying her very much. She has already mastered the dog door out to the deck – we are now working on steps to yard (which is a bit more challenging with those stumpy legs). She will have a happy life.

Warmly, Wendy

Molly recently celebrated her first birthday. She weighs in at a mere 4.3 pounds. Good things come in small packages!  She’s a welcome addition to our family. A love pup!!  Thought you’d like to see her.

Sandy and Bob

Gracie is doing fabulous! She is right at home with our family and our other dogs and is truly just too cute for words! She is potty trained J and is sooooo close to ringing a bell when she wants to go outside!
Attached is a pic of Gracie posing after her 1st haircut!
Have a good day!
Barbara and John

When a puppy joins your family you are looking at a 10-15 year commitment – a reputable breeder is so important! After an extensive internet search for a Havanese puppy, we decided Family Puppies was the right breeder and we made a 9-hour round-trip drive to bring our puppy home! There were several things that made Family Puppies stand out – prompt replies to our phone calls, willingness to work with our travel schedule, and the fact that the puppies are loved by the breeder��™s many children from the moment they are born! We named our puppy Gracie because her temperament is so sweet! She adapted beautifully to our home and to our two other dogs.
- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/northernindiana/business-reviews/dog-breeders/family-puppies-in-nappanee-in-90089551/customer-reviews?cacheit=y#sthash.qtyukDji.dpuf

**** at Family Puppies was great to deal with. He answered all our questions and provided exactly what we needed when sending us our new puppy, Roxie. Roxie has settled right in and stolen our hearts. All around, just a great experience.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our Puppies and Business

AUTHOR: Puppies1974 - ()

We have contact this person about her puppy. We offered to pay for the hernia surgery or to bring the puppy back to us if she was unhappy. We asked her to remove the statement since most of the things on here are untrue. We are AKC affiliated  breeder. She stated that this post could not be removed. She contacted Rip-off report to have it removed and they refused. Rip-off is a joke. No facts are checked anyone can post whatever they want to and then can't be removed once it is here. Don't believe everything you read. Anyone can destroy anyone's reputation on here without facts. We have numerous customers who have returned to purchase another puppy from us. We also provide a health guarantee with all our puppies.

paint