Complaint Review: Famous Poets Press

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: Riana — San Leandro California United States of America
Famous Poets Press
PO Box 3561 Ashland, Oregon 97520 Oakland, California United States of America

Famous Poets Press Poertyfest Possible scams in believing you are published Oakland, California

I believed I had some of my poems "published" by such small publishing companies, and while it is true, I have yet to be able to find out that if I do not buy the book that is intended to have my poem in, if it will still be published. I've looked recently to see if I could find the few books that I did buy that had my work in, but I was unable to come across them.
Within the past few months and over the year, I have received a few "awards" or "honorable mentions" which still lead me to believe that I was getting noticed in the poetry world. But with the somewhat constant postcards being sent, saying that they've reviewed my work and would love to publish me and all I have to do is send in my work, less than 21 lines, typed, and all I have to do is send it in to said address. Of course I have to pay for the book as well, which is only a mere 15-20 dollars, unless you wish to add a biography, photos, dedications, or extra poems, then you must pay more.
I've come to the point that I no longer submit to said address and buy the book. I don't think I'm really getting noticed in the world through such a small publishing company as it is, and with the constant "awards" and "mentions" I would expect by now a bigger company would come across my work.
They make you believe you are getting your name out in the world, but really, they're just money hungry scheming people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Press/Oakland-California-/Famous-Poets-Press-Poertyfest-Possible-scams-in-believing-you-are-published-Oakland-Cali-1011178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Press