Complaint Review: Famous Poets

• Updated: Wed, August 14, 2013

• Reported By: BR6 — Eaton Rapids Michigan
Famous Poets
p.o. box 21 Talent, Oregon USA

Famous Poets, Lavender Aurora, Famous Poets of the Heartland Fake! Never received merchandise! Talent Oregon

I  was sent a letter that thanked me for entering this company's free poetry contest and that I was already in the semi-finals. They would let me know the results the minute the contest had been judged (no time frame included). They said they were publishing my poetry in their anthology "Famous Poets of the Heartland." They had a list of things I could purchase, one of which was a copy of the book. I purchased that. Not only did I never receive the book or any notice of the results of the poetry contest, but when I called to ask about my purchase the call went through to an answering machine. It was very odd because it did not say the business' name, just that I had reached that number and they were only open weekdays from 10am-4pm pacific time. I had called well within business hours. This is a TOTAL scam. You can tell if you look close enough at the letter they send, there are a lot of signs. Please DONT buy anything from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famous-Poets-Lavender-Aurora-Famous-Poets-of-the-Heartland-Fake-Never-received-merchan-1075938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets