Complaint Review: famouspoets

• Submitted: Sun, January 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, January 05, 2003

• Reported By:South Sioux City Nebraska
famouspoets
po box 21 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

famouspoets.com ripoff that broke my heart Talent Oregon

Last Summer I was reading our Church Newspaper, and saw the ad for entering a poetry contest. I only had a few days to meet the deadline, so I took a poem that I had written to and for my deceased parents and cut out half of it. It turned out to be a decent poem. I submitted it.

About 6 weeks later I received a letter that I am looking at right now. Fortunately, I was too busy to completely read the letter as I was going to Rome in November and then with Christmas, and I missed the deadline. Thank Goodness. I was just going to email them to see if it was too late to order a book and give them permission to publish my poem.

I am so glad that I put in a search for them on the web and that my browser found this site. Thank you to all who wrote about this organization. Trust me tomorrow I will be contacting our church newspaper to tell them about this ripoff too.

I've been wondering why I haven't received any an follow-up letters. I was in the finals and I should have been contacted by now to tell me if I won the prize. Again, Thank you to all who have written in to report this company!

Jody
South Sioux City, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2003 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/famouspoets/Talent-Oregon-97540/famouspoetscom-ripoff-that-broke-my-heart-Talent-Oregon-40165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on famouspoets