Complaint Review: Fantastic Sams

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2007

• Reported By:Lake mary Florida
Fantastic Sams
182 W State Road 434 Longwood, Florida U.S.A.

Fantastic Sams They ruined my hair, lied to me, and stole my money, terrible people and customer service! Ripoff Longwood Florida

I shouldv'e known better before going to fantastic sams for hair color, but i trusted the wrong people that day. My hair is dark brown, almost black, and i requested to be a light ash brown, i ended up, bright orange/blonde. I asked the stylist before the dye was placed in my hair, "will this turn my hair orange, or reddish in any way", she replied "no, i guarantee it, it will look great" well She lied, (her name was Irma by the way) after trying to deal with my reddish doo ,I came back on Monday, (the next day) and asked them to take the red out of my hair, and they "tried" to fix the problem. She informed me that i was in fact lied to, by Irma and that its a known fact that any dark brown/black hair color will ALWAYS pull warm/red tones. I was furious inside, if i had known this i would have never gotten it done. Then I was dyed and stripped for 5 hours,my scalp was burning, i cried, and in the end, kindly asked for a refund considering all of the damage and time wasted from my job and weekend, to my surprise, i was promised one, and when i went to pick it up, they said they "changed their mind" and refused me a refund!!!!! They didn't give a reason other than they say the "spent over a hundred dollars in product and time with me after the mistake THAT THEY MADE AND ADMIT TO, and they feel its balanced out financially" in other words, TOO BAD. Now im stuck with orange hair and all they did was give me a receipt for a free sweepstakes entry! These people refused to give me a refund even when the regional manager demanded that they do so, because each fantastic sams is independently owned. But being independently owned doesn't it make it right to steal a persons money and ruin their hair too. They didn't mention that they were not experienced stylists, its a wonder how these people got their licensing, Now im going to retrieve my refund by contacting the BBB. Its sad that it had to go to this level, but when a woman's hair gets ruined by a salon it is a very traumatic experience, and ill be damned if ill let them get away with it. So as a word of advice, DO NOT GO TO THIS FANTASTIC SAMS, pay the extra 10-20 bucks and go to a real salon,or do it yourself, i don't trust these people, and after what happened to me nobody should. I paid these people $86.00 and for what? A permanent bad hair day.

Paula
Lake mary, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2007 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fantastic-Sams/Longwood-Florida-32750/Fantastic-Sams-They-ruined-my-hair-lied-to-me-and-stole-my-money-terrible-people-and-cu-250215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fantastic Sams