Complaint Review: Farmers Home Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By:Temple Georgia
Farmers Home Furniture
6121 Fairburn Road Douglasville, Georgia U.S.A.

Farmers Home Furniture Below standard furniture, poor customer service, Douglasville Georgia

*General Comment: Farmer's Home Furniture

In 2006 I purchased a sofa and refrigerator from Farmer's Home Furniture. About 2 months after the purchase, sitting on the sofa was like sitting on the floor, the cushions had lost their substance. I reported this and they ordered replacement cushions, which took about three additonal months to arrive to me. The same thing happened again, and again. On the third go around I refused to accept any more cushions. Now the refrigerator, after about 6 months outside fixtures began falling off and some of the hooks that hold the inside shelves fell off. I asked them to repair this every month for over a year. They always said ok, but they never did. I refused to pay them for about 2 months to try and get their attention. They said they would replace the couch and fix the refrigerator, but they never did. Instead they put on my credit report that I was 4 months past due and threatened to sue me. Companies like this are the shame of Georgia and the US. I am reporting this in hopes that those who are considering shopping at Farmers Home Furniture will be wise and not give you hard earned money to predators like this who sell below standard products and try to destroy your credit rating if you refuse to pay for it. Toward the end of they offered me a still unacceptable solution. The items are virtually paid for, but in order to remove the negative credit entry they put, they wanted the sofa back. Their customer care needs a complete overall.

Very dissatisfied
Temple, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2008 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Home-Furniture/Douglasville-Georgia-30134/Farmers-Home-Furniture-Below-standard-furniture-poor-customer-service-Douglasville-Georg-311115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Home Furniture

#1 General Comment

Farmer's Home Furniture

AUTHOR: smcsauls - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear that that happen to you.But I, myself have bought furniture (bedroom set and continuing furniture for my house) from FHF, and was completely happy with there service and product.

My mother bought everything in her house (bedroom sets, living room, dining room, kitchen, den, bathroom, and office furniture from them) and everything was perfect!!!
Maybe you just had a "bad" experience with "bed" furniture. Every place has there good and bad things :)!!