Complaint Review: Farmers Seed

• Updated: Sun, June 30, 2013

• Reported By: Gardening Guru — home town North Dakota
Farmers Seed
818 NW 4th St Faribault , Minnesota USA

Farmers Seed DEAD PLANTS RIP OFF COMPANY This company sells DEAD ON ARRIVAL PLANTS!!! Faribault Minnesota

This company is only in the neighboring state from us, so we thought, erroneously so, that they would have quality plants to ship here in North Dakota.  We ordered about 60 Canadian Hemlock trees last year and everyone but 3 arrived dead or have never survived.  Most of them looked nearly dead if not dead when they arrived.  The three survivors are still only about 3" tall.  They were advertised at 12" tall but we never got any plants that size.  Additionally I ordered 30 Spirea and all but 3 of them died or never were alive.  They all seemed dead on arrival, brittle overly dried roots etc. I am fully awared of how "dormant plants" look and this company DOES NOT have dormant plants they have DEAD ones!!! I've asked for replacements twice and both times they sent me DEAD REPLACEMENTS.  Since we are putting in hedges that take time to grow waiting year after year to determine if they will live is not only time consuming, but a waste of growing time.  I finally broke down and ordered replacemts of the Hemlock from http://www.springhillnursery.com and we are very pleased to have received healthy well established in quart pots 2' trees for just $5.00 ea. and they are thriving!  I have contacted Farmers Seed by telephone again this year and was told i would have to email the company.  Hello?  What they heck is the phone number to ....Aftrica???  Are they  not the company?  I was irritated to say the least.  When I did get a response they refused to replace all of the sprirea because the replacements they sent me last year, they want the d**n lable again.  Well i'm sorry, I didn't save the label.  They should still honor their products. I also ordered "Walk on me plants" and only 4 out of 24 of them survived and are flurishing.  these are sent in dried up conditions, poor packaging and DEAD on arrival conditions.  I will no longer order from these people and would strongly NOT recommend to anyone else.   Don't waste your time and money we are here to garden not deal with BS !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Seed/Faribault-Minnesota-55021/Farmers-Seed-DEAD-PLANTS-RIP-OFF-COMPANY-This-company-sells-DEAD-ON-ARRIVAL-PLANTS-Far-1063244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Seed