Complaint Review: Fast Growing Trees

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Nevin — Annapolis Maryland United States of America
Fast Growing Trees
Internet, North Carolina United States of America

Fast Growing Trees False Advertising of free shipping, false advertising of what is in stock, will not refund timely Internet, North Carolina

The first time I ordered from this company, they advertised free shipping on their website. When I got my invoice, I saw I had been charged for shipping. They were initially reluctant to refund the shipping charges, stating that they were *sure* their web site had been changed by the time my order was placed. They did however refund the shipping. I gave them the benefit of a doubt that it was a genuine mistake.

Then I ordered two trees from them about a month ago, and they charged by credit card for both trees, and said nothing further. No order confirmation, no shipment, nothing. I emailed them about 10 days later and said to cancel, since they had not shipped the trees. Instead, they sent me an email telling me that one tree had shipped that day (they lied-- FedEx records show they rushed the tree out hours after my email to them), and that the other is backordered until June.

I told them to cancel the backordered tree, and that the one they had shipped had better be darn good. I received that tree, and it is adequate, but they have still not refunded the other purchase, despite promising to do so within 72 hours. It has now been about a week since that promise. I will be filing a credit card dispute soon if they do not refund my credit card.

This is a shady low rent outfit and I will not do business with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Growing-Trees/Internet-North-Carolina-/Fast-Growing-Trees-False-Advertising-of-free-shipping-false-advertising-of-what-is-in-st-873476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Growing Trees