Complaint Review: Fatigues Army Navy & Surplus Gear Co.

• Submitted: Fri, July 12, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Albany Georgia
Fatigues Army Navy & Surplus Gear Co.
84 Texas Palmyra Highway Hawley, Pennsylvania USA

Fatigues Army Navy & Surplus Gear Co. Fatigues Army NavyFatigues Surplus Intentionally ignores and delays customers past refund timeline to avoid returns promised on site. Hawley Pennsylvania

Purchased a tool bag from Fatigues website @ http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com

Upon receiving of the order email after the purchase I noticed the price was different than the bag I'd picked out but I did not pay much mind to it as the site offered what appeared to be an honest return policy. I figured if there was an issue, the item could just be returned and the originally intended item could be purchased - apparently I was wrong.

I emailed the company to confirm the order but never received a response and waited several days for the item to arrive(no tracking number or arrival date provided even though it was requested.). When the item finally arrived, I discovered it was indeed the wrong tool bag from the site. Honestly I don't know if I made the mistake or the site made the mistake but giving them the benefit of the doubt, I followed the onsite instructions to email the company at the email address returns@fatiguesarmynavy.com as stated on their returns page at their website.

The first email being sent a day after the arrival of the item was never responded to finally after waiting until June 18th for a response, I sent another email which I never received a response to either. On June 21, I finally sent an email to the email which the order originated from sales@fatiguesarmynavy.com which was not responded to either, finally I sent an additional email to returns@fatiguesarmynavy.com on June, 25th to sales@fatiguesarmynavy.com and received a response that day stating:

"Our Apology on delay, no problem on any returns,  Chris  please email us the date on your order.  Thank You Sales Pat"

After replying to that email the following day I received no response. Wondering if they'd just not received the email I finally sent the email out yet again on July 5th to which there was no reply either and still no reply has come. The return policy states(from my understanding) you must contact them within 10 days of receiving the item(which I did) about a return and get some type of confirmation code(I guess because sending the order back with the invoice is too much?) and you have 30 days to return the order.

All my emails were questioning about this code from the beginning when the item was received. It is now well over both of the deadlines on the site and that is because of what appears to be intentional delaying of getting the appropriate information from the company to return the order. I am now stuck with an item I did not want, will not use and still without the gift that was originally intended for a family member. I've made well over 800 purchases in the last couple of years from similar online surplus vendors for various hunting, camping and hiking gear and have never ran into anything remotely close to this with any order.

Will never make another purchase from this company and will warn others. Almost $30 down the drain, little do they know(or even care it seems) that they would have earned quite a bit of business from me had things gone appropriately. If by some miracle, this is ever straightened out (doubtful) - I will update here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fatigues-Army-Navy-Surplus-Gear-Co/Hawley-Pennsylvania-18428/Fatigues-Army-Navy-Surplus-Gear-Co-Fatigues-Army-NavyFatigues-Surplus-Intentionally-ig-1066457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fatigues Army Navy & Surplus Gear Co.