Complaint Review: fax.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Heskemo — BURLESON Texas USA
P.O. Box 22500 San Diego, California United States of America

fax.com Just $9.99 - Includes 300 pages - No long term contract San Diego, California

*General Comment: Has not Changed

Fax.com has free trail period for 30 days. after 30 days they will bill you 9.99 per month including tax. I filed a ticket to ask them how to cancel the accounting on 17 september 2009 and they directed me a day after to check on www.fax.com/cancel. I did not receive email or any notification to my email regarding to their responses. I waited until they billed me today 26/10/2009, which showed on my bank balance. I called to the customer service and they told me the same thing (pointed me to www.fax.com/cancel). The website directed me to agent chat room to talk to the people there. However, I waited for 5 mins and got kicked out from the chat room because they did not have enough people to answer questions. Then I filled out a form and verified the cancellation for my account. However I did not qualify to get the refund because of the due today. They told me after the point of account cancellation, my account would actually cancel until few days after and they will still account on those waiting period by days. I pissed off.

There are a few things I am complaining:

1) the hidden little words on the bottom of the screen is do not match your attention.

2) there is no apparent signs or buttons to cancel your account. You have to go to "contact" and look very carefully to the bottom. Realize there is a little line said "To cancel your account, click here", which does not have much relationship to from "contact" to "accounting management".

3) poor customer service.

4) ineffective service leads to dissatisfaction of fax.com.

5) poor website interface design that misleads customers easily.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/faxcom/San-Diego-California-92192/faxcom-Just-999-Includes-300-pages-No-long-term-contract-San-Diego-California-514946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fax.com

#1 General Comment

Has not Changed

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

First I must commend Ripoffreport as a consumer go to authority and advocate. Whenever I'm in the process of researching a company or product on the web and a Ripoffreport shows up I feel I'm duly warned and proceed with caution. In the case of Fax.com I looked into their services as I need to fax information to unemployment  because my previous employer dropped the ball and now I'm 4 weeks without benefits.

I read this report on Fax.com but there services would fit my requirements. Because of the Ripoffreport I decided to use a virtual credit card number from my Citi bank online credit card services.

I signed up with Fax.com sent my fax's and waited till I received the confirmation email they were sent which I must add was over 3 hours after the time stamp they said it was actually  sent successfully. This in itself  is deplorable customer service. With the confirmation email received I immediately logged into my Citi bank account and canceled the virtual card number which prevents them from ever charging my for the service. I glad I did as I could not find anyway to easily cancel the service. It worked because I just received this.

Our system was unable to process a payment for your

outstanding Fax.com

(tm) account balance using the credit card on file for

your account. For the time being, your account is still active. However, in

order to avoid any interruption in service we require that you update the

credit card information in your Fax.com (tm) account immediately.

To do so, please login to your account at www.fax.com, and select "Billing"

located at the top of the page. You may then update your

credit card information. Unfortunately, if we are unable to successfully

receive payment, we will need to place your account on hold.

Additionally, you may wish to contact your credit card

company to ascertain why your card was declined.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter,

Sincerely, Fax.com (tm) Customer Service Team www.fax.com

Confidential: This email, its contents and attachments

contain information from Fax.com (tm) which may be privileged, confidential or

otherwise protected from disclosure.

The information is intended to be for the addressee(s)

only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use

of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this or in

error please notify the sender by reply instant message mail and delete the

original message and any copies.

////// Thanks Ripoffreport!!