Complaint Review: Federal Trade Commission

• Submitted: Wed, December 08, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, January 15, 2005

• Reported By:Greenfield Massachusetts
Federal Trade Commission
4100 East Bay #B40 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association - Federal Trade Commission Ripoff The mans name was Victor Smith and he knew all my account info. He told me he would give me up to 5000.00 in grant money if I would pay over 200.00. Tell me what would be the piont of that? Please pay close attention to what those kind of people are telling you! Clearwater Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Please Realize that was not the FTC

The mans name was Victor Smith and he knew all my account info. He told me he would give me up to 5000.00 in grant money if I would pay over 200.00. Tell me what would be the piont of that? So I told him that I wasnt going to go through with it so I hung up.

Reesha
Greenfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2004 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Trade-Commission/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Government-Grant-Association-Federal-Trade-Commission-Ripoff-The-mans-name-was-Victor-Sm-121893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Trade Commission

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Please Realize that was not the FTC

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I want to correct you. I used to work at the Federal Trade Comiison Call Center. We used to receive the calls all the time from consumers stating that they had been receiving calls about government funds. That is a scam that have been becoming for years now but we recently received a large volume of calls like 7 months ago. Please be careful. THese people have a sale pitch that sounds legitimate. Like we tell consumers. The government will not call you and offer you a grant. If you receive these calls are going through any identity theft please contact the FTC. Look at our website for these type of scams as well as others you may not be aware. www.ftc.gov You can file a complaint about this company there. This is a place that takes action. The nmore complaints the more investigation takes place. Have as much info about any fraudulent companies if you can. If you been a victim of ID THFET YOU CAN GO THE id theft website www.consumer.gov/idtheft But please don't think the Federal Trade Commison scam consumers because they don't. Now that is a fact. The federal trade commision are not telemarketers they a government agency for consumers ask your attorney general, police department look it up do some research people.