Complaint Review: Fedex

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2014

• Reported By: Colin — Miami Florida
901 s miami ave #214 miami, Florida USA

Fedex Forced me to buy their shipping materials even though my box was fine miami Florida

I tried to drop off a shipment I had a prepaid label for today monday the april 21, 2014.   The associate told me they would not accept their box in the condition it was in.  I could not understand.  It was clear the box had been used before but was in perfectly good condition for shipping.  No tipping, structural integrity of box was fine.   This made no sense as it was still a new box, and I had just recieved this box from them, it was a return.     I have seen them do this to customers nearly every time I go to ship something there.  If you don't buy their packaging materials, unless the box is brand new they refuse to ship and force you to buy their materials.  I paid $37 today when my box was fine.   The assiciate even told me its just a tactic the manangement uses to make more money.    I read through fedex's entire conditions of carriage and it says nothing about the condition of the box and not accepting.  I called fedex coroporate and made a complaint, they told me they are not supposed to do this at all.  I have been a long time fedex customer, longer than they have been in business, never experienced that in my life.   I refuse to give them another dime and hope to see them fail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fedex-/miami-Florida-33131/Fedex-Forced-me-to-buy-their-shipping-materials-even-though-my-box-was-fine-miami-Florida-1140526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fedex