fitted

FedEx Home Delivery
5151 W. 73rd Street Bedford Park, Illinois United States of America

FedEx Home Delivery Stole my package Bedford Park, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: FedEx Thefts

I purchased a very hard to find, rare handbag from a small store in New Mexico and as you can imagine, I was very excited to receive it.  The store used Fedex as the shipper.  I was provided a tracking number and the package was sent to my address on February 4, 2013.  On February 7, Fedex attempted the first delivery around 1:00 p.m. while I was not home.  Because Fedex only comes during the early afternoon hours, I requested that the package be held at a Fedex location for pick-up. I made this request on Feb 7th at around 3:30 p.m. via the internet.  The request was put through and I waited for the call from the Fedex will-call to acknowledge that the package was ready for pick-up.

I never received that call so I went to the will call location on February 9 inquiring into whether or not the package was received.  At that point they said they did not have the package. I requested that the employee call to find out where the package was.  He called someone and said that someone would get back to me.  Of course I never heard back from anyone.  On February 11, I called the 800 number to figure out what happened to my package.  They said that it was last scanned at the Fedex location at 5151 W. 73rd Street, Bedford Park and they weren't sure why it wasn't provided to the will-call location.

They put a trace out on the package and said that someone would be back to me because Fedex Home delivery is closed on Mondays.  At this point, I am livid because I have no idea where my package is.  I called the next day asking to speak to a manager because I want my package and I want to pick it up.  The 800 supervisor called the facility to figure out the whereabouts of the package.  Basically the facility said that it was scanned in by the driver back at the facility on 2/7 and that was the last time it was accounted for.  On February 16, 2013, it was confirmed that the package is gone.  So essentially in the span of one day, the package was lost and unaccounted for.

Although I have no concrete evidence the package was stolen, what other explanation is there? It is obvious that someone at the facility stole it.  When I spoke to the manager of the facility on February 16, 2013, I was told, "these things happen." No apology, no explanation as to where my package went, no offer to investigate the situation, just complete apathy.  Fedex obviously doesn't care that they employ thieves and does not care when packages go missing and unaccounted for.  Now, the store that I purchased the item from is offering me store credit as the bag cannot be replaced.  Fedex obviously does not put customer service first and considers the fact that packages go missing as small potatoes.  I just want the bag that I paid for and someone held accountable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx-Home-Delivery/Bedford-Park-Illinois-60638/FedEx-Home-Delivery-Stole-my-package-Bedford-Park-Illinois-1015823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx Home Delivery

#1 Consumer Suggestion

FedEx Thefts

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Hate to say it but FedEx has had trouble with thefts of packages at their depots. Packages don't just magically 'disappear'.  Sometimes thieves look at the shipper and figure out the contents are worth stealing. It can happen with any shipper.