Complaint Review: Fedex Memphis/TN

• Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: graf.mucki — Auburn Alabama USA
Fedex Memphis/TN
Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Fedex Memphis/TN Christina Flake, Stephanie Hurroden Fedex Memphis sucked again! Memphis, Tennessee

I was expecting to receive a birthday gift from my parents who live in Austria/Europe. It was sent via fedex over our own store on April 19th. Then it got stucked at Fedex Memphis/Tennesse because of "customs" reasons even it was declared as gift and "personal use only". All additional paper work was sent over from the Vienna (Austria) distribution to Memphis. However, yesterday morning (28th of April) I received a letter by Fedex Memphis/TN, dated April 27th that there was a problem with a parcel and they couldn't get in contact with us even they had 2 different emails (sender and receiver emails) plus 2 telephone numbers. Since yesterday I'm trying to reach the person who is mentioned on this letter, left her an voicemail, sent her an email, no reaction. Today I did the same procedere since 9 o'clock in the morning, calling different numbers to help me or to figure out what was actually the probelem. Finally, after nearl 4 hours on phone, I got one to I was referred to, just to learn that they had sent the parcel back to Europe the day before - remember I was trying to contact them immediatly since I got the letter from Fedex.

The lady claimed, she never had a) never got any paper work from Austria and b) she called the number of the sender who is in Austria but didn't put the Austrian country code in front of the number.

After receiving no email, no phone call and sending the letter in my eyes too late, I'm really fustrated plus  the parcel was returned on additional expenses to my parents. I'm not sure, what to do, as it seems that they made a mistake/ weren't reachable, if my parents want to pay the shipping expenses.

I have written to the Austrian distribution today, telling them that Memphis claims they had never received any paper work from them plus what to do with the additional shipping expenses. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday to receive anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fedex-MemphisTN/Memphis-Tennessee-/Fedex-MemphisTN-Christina-Flake-Stephanie-Hurroden-Fedex-Memphis-sucked-again-Memphis-723658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fedex Memphis/TN